Close call with dog dog recently

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Close call with dog dog recently
My poor pup! Had a case of heat exhaustion while out for a walk. Thanks to a neighbor of mine, we got him back home and got him drinking water to cool his core body temp. It was close. He was dizzy and could barely walk as a result. I was glad my neighbor was there. He could have died from that!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: Close call with dog dog recently
Sadness! Poor puppy, thank goodness your neighbor was so kind. You make them something as a thank you gift.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM
(05-08-2013 09:49 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  My poor pup! Had a case of heat exhaustion while out for a walk. Thanks to a neighbor of mine, we got him back home and got him drinking water to cool his core body temp. It was close. He was dizzy and could barely walk as a result. I was glad my neighbor was there. He could have died from that!

I carry a water bottle for pets for our dog. it can clip it on his collar. Lol. Yesterday we were all out all day -- and our dog drank like almost the whole bottle. I'll see if I can scrounge a picture.

Found it! Ours is actually a little smaller but it's the same idea. Water trickles into it as they drink so you don't waste a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/Handi-Drink-Dog-Wa...B000GDXHQ0

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

06-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Ohhhh! The poor little doggy. Sad

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
06-08-2013, 10:19 AM
It's so frackin' hot right now. That's why I have 3 big bowls filled with water for King.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I really shouldn't laugh, but your thread title says "dog dog" and I really can't help it.

... this is my signature!
06-08-2013, 01:10 PM
(06-08-2013 10:48 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I really shouldn't laugh, but your thread title says "dog dog" and I really can't help it.

No, I call him dog dog sometimes.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

06-08-2013, 01:12 PM
(06-08-2013 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's so frackin' hot right now. That's why I have 3 big bowls filled with water for King.

Not only that, the humidity makes it difficult for dogs to cool themselves by panting.

I have to keep in mind that, plus the fact that he's over 8 and beginning to slow down.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"