Poll: Should I come out?
Yes, to everyone
Yes, to freinds
Yes, to family
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Closet Atheist? Not sure what to do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2013, 02:38 PM
RE: Closet Atheist? Not sure what to do
awesome, I havent been on my computer in awhile. Great your out, I can't come out for awihle yet, i'm on vacation don't wanna spoil it. That's great you're out though. I agree with the moron Tongue, don't push it if you think your dad might kick you out

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. -Laurence J. Peter
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 06:22 PM
My dad changed from being mad to acting childish...
He has been mocking me since yesterday.
Whenever i argue with him,he keeps saying
" big bang... Boom" when im done talking
its fucking anoying!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
03-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Not sure that I would recommend acting the same way. I would so be tempted to say something reticulated regarding Hinduism, but don't go overboard with it Bowing.

03-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah,i wont do it. Its too childish,it might make him extra angry and trow me out of the house...

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
04-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Your Dad's being an ass. Just remember that fact, and that you are entitled to your own opinion, and do whatever it takes to get through the next little while. He'll get tired of acting like a twit eventually, one hopes...
04-07-2013, 03:30 AM
Yeah,i hope he gets tired soon...

31-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Hope all is well.
31-07-2013, 07:00 AM
This is pretty off topic, but I just announced my atheism over Facebook and simultaneously someone posted a very long religious status about how it says nowhere in the bible that homosexuality is wrong. I almost commented with the line from Leviticus but restrained myself as somebody had died and that was what the post was about (he was homosexual and killed himself over it).

31-07-2013, 07:22 AM
(31-07-2013 07:00 AM)Derek Hammar Wrote:  it says nowhere in the bible that homosexuality is wrong.

As daft as the statement is, the fact that people make these kinds of attempts at reinterpreting the Bible means that overall Christianity is becoming a much less harmful religion. Let the meme circulate... Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-07-2013, 11:13 AM
(09-06-2013 09:16 PM)Derek Hammar Wrote:  So I have been listening to all the great podcasts and watching videos on this website about deconversion, and since I have recently become a convinced atheist (within this week, but I have been sceptic for most my life) I am nervous about coming out. My friends are all christian and I fear I might lose them. Despite their beliefs they really are great people and very smart, which is infuriating. My family does not go to church but they believe in god. My biggest fear is my dad's reaction, if he goes as crazy as what i've heard on this website I have no idea what I would do, yet there is also a possibility I could convert him. I don't think he really believes, but is playing along because my mom does. My dad loves science and double majored in it, yet still clings to this faith. I am in a huge dilemma, or so it feels like. I can't afford to loose my friends, i'm too anti-social, but I'm exploding and I've only been a full atheist for a week! By the way, I'm 15 years old, thanks for reading and reply please.

I voted "yes, to everyone," but I would argue that you should not be in any hurry.