Closure

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-01-2015, 04:49 PM
RE: Closure
ooops forgot about how this is a loss, thus the 5 stages of grief apply to how you are feeling, as a nurse I am sure you are familiar with those...recognition is half the battle..

Denial and Isolation
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
20-01-2015, 05:12 PM
(20-01-2015 04:49 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ooops forgot about how this is a loss, thus the 5 stages of grief apply to how you are feeling, as a nurse I am sure you are familiar with those...recognition is half the battle..

Denial and Isolation
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

I was quite literally talking about this with my grandmother right before I checked this post. I'm in the anger phase. All I have left is acceptance.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
20-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Oh, and I know better than to hire my ex as my divorce attorney. But it sure did make me feel a little better to temporarily entertain the idea.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
27-01-2015, 02:45 PM
We're fighting over the cookbooks of all things. Fine. Take the fucking Gulf Coast Cooking cookbook. We found it in a little shop in Seaside, FL on our honeymoon. Enjoy the bookmark - it was our to do list for one of the days that week.

Last night he said he can't go back. Maybe I'm back to the denial and bargaining phase.

Anywho, I like this song:

[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
27-01-2015, 06:31 PM
I really don't have any words of wisdom for you since my experience here is limited. My wife was my college sweetheart and we've been married 46 years. I hope she never throws me out, and I am quite sure she won't, but if she does, I'm going to Alabama and I'm going to pitch a tent on your lawn until you agree to marry me. Big Grin

Here's a story you might enjoy. When I was just starting out as a lawyer, I took a divorce case where the parties wound up fighting over a stack of "Donnie and Marie" albums. The other lawyer and I didn't want to fight over that stuff but we both needed money and our respective clients were willing to pay our fees to litigate that. My client won. He went over to ex-wife's place to pick up the albums and he was carrying a shotgun. His ex called the cops but my client simply took those "Donnie and Marie" albums outside, removed the records one at a time, threw them into the air, and blew the hell out of them. The cops showed up and didn't know what to do because they were my client's albums, her house was in an area where it was legal to shoot and my client never threatened her, and the cops thought what he did was funny. The ex wife wanted him arrested for something so the cops finally decided to give him a ticket for littering because he left the shattered records, along with a dozen empty shotgun shell cases, in her yard. His ex wife thought it was funny too. They eventually got back together although nobody believed that would ever happen.

After that case, I limited my practice to criminal defense and to representing professionals in license revocation trials. I wanted to stay away from divorce cases and I did. Speaking of criminal defense and licensing proceedings, one of my favorite clients is a lawyer who took a 12 gauge shotgun into a local Catholic church and did a couple hundred thousand dollars in property damage to say nothing of scaring the hell out of the people in that church. [I told the judge that one good thing came out of it -- those people learned how to pray like they had never prayed before. The judge didn't, think I was all that funny.] But, that's a different story for a different time.
[+] 6 users Like Black Eagle's post
27-01-2015, 07:01 PM
By the way, Nurse, don't you go over to your ex's place with a shotgun to blow up some cookbooks. My client with the Donnie and Marie albums was damned lucky. If his ex had told the cops a little bit different version of what happened, he could have spent some time in the cross bar hotel.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
27-01-2015, 07:13 PM
(27-01-2015 06:31 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I really don't have any words of wisdom for you since my experience here is limited. My wife was my college sweetheart and we've been married 46 years. I hope she never throws me out, and I am quite sure she won't, but if she does, I'm going to Alabama and I'm going to pitch a tent on your lawn until you agree to marry me. Big Grin

Here's a story you might enjoy. When I was just starting out as a lawyer, I took a divorce case where the parties wound up fighting over a stack of "Donnie and Marie" albums. The other lawyer and I didn't want to fight over that stuff but we both needed money and our respective clients were willing to pay our fees to litigate that. My client won. He went over to ex-wife's place to pick up the albums and he was carrying a shotgun. His ex called the cops but my client simply took those "Donnie and Marie" albums outside, removed the records one at a time, threw them into the air, and blew the hell out of them. The cops showed up and didn't know what to do because they were my client's albums, her house was in an area where it was legal to shoot and my client never threatened her, and the cops thought what he did was funny. The ex wife wanted him arrested for something so the cops finally decided to give him a ticket for littering because he left the shattered records, along with a dozen empty shotgun shell cases, in her yard. His ex wife thought it was funny too. They eventually got back together although nobody believed that would ever happen.

After that case, I limited my practice to criminal defense and to representing professionals in license revocation trials. I wanted to stay away from divorce cases and I did. Speaking of criminal defense and licensing proceedings, one of my favorite clients is a lawyer who took a 12 gauge shotgun into a local Catholic church and did a couple hundred thousand dollars in property damage to say nothing of scaring the hell out of the people in that church. [I told the judge that one good thing came out of it -- those people learned how to pray like they had never prayed before. The judge didn't, think I was all that funny.] But, that's a different story for a different time.

In your client's defense - that's what should be done to Donnie and Marie albums. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
27-01-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2015 07:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-01-2015 06:31 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Here's a story you might enjoy. When I was just starting out as a lawyer, I took a divorce case where the parties wound up fighting over a stack of "Donnie and Marie" albums.

Were you fighting over who got to shoot them?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-01-2015, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2015 07:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-01-2015 06:31 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  The ex wife wanted him arrested for something so the cops finally decided to give him a ticket for littering because he left the shattered records, along with a dozen empty shotgun shell cases, in her yard. His ex wife thought it was funny too. They eventually got back together although nobody believed that would ever happen.

Not surprising. Big Grin

Who else is gonna bring her a dozen shell casings on the front yard, who else is gonna bring her a broken arrow, who else is gonna bring her a bottle of rain.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-01-2015, 07:54 PM
(27-01-2015 06:31 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I really don't have any words of wisdom for you since my experience here is limited. My wife was my college sweetheart and we've been married 46 years. I hope she never throws me out, and I am quite sure she won't, but if she does, I'm going to Alabama and I'm going to pitch a tent on your lawn until you agree to marry me. Big Grin

Heart Hug Awww thanks Smile I hope she doesn't throw you out either. But if she does, I wouldn't be so heartless as to leave you on the front lawn for long.

Quote: Here's a story you might enjoy. When I was just starting out as a lawyer, I took a divorce case where the parties wound up fighting over a stack of "Donnie and Marie" albums. The other lawyer and I didn't want to fight over that stuff but we both needed money and our respective clients were willing to pay our fees to litigate that. My client won. He went over to ex-wife's place to pick up the albums and he was carrying a shotgun. His ex called the cops but my client simply took those "Donnie and Marie" albums outside, removed the records one at a time, threw them into the air, and blew the hell out of them. The cops showed up and didn't know what to do because they were my client's albums, her house was in an area where it was legal to shoot and my client never threatened her, and the cops thought what he did was funny. The ex wife wanted him arrested for something so the cops finally decided to give him a ticket for littering because he left the shattered records, along with a dozen empty shotgun shell cases, in her yard. His ex wife thought it was funny too. They eventually got back together although nobody believed that would ever happen.

After that case, I limited my practice to criminal defense and to representing professionals in license revocation trials. I wanted to stay away from divorce cases and I did. Speaking of criminal defense and licensing proceedings, one of my favorite clients is a lawyer who took a 12 gauge shotgun into a local Catholic church and did a couple hundred thousand dollars in property damage to say nothing of scaring the hell out of the people in that church. [I told the judge that one good thing came out of it -- those people learned how to pray like they had never prayed before. The judge didn't, think I was all that funny.]
I bolded my favorite parts. I'm dying. Laugh out load