Closure

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-01-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Closure
(27-01-2015 06:31 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I really don't have any words of wisdom for you since my experience here is limited. My wife was my college sweetheart and we've been married 46 years. I hope she never throws me out, and I am quite sure she won't, but if she does, I'm going to Alabama and I'm going to pitch a tent on your lawn until you agree to marry me. Big Grin

Operation Dirty Old Man is now in effect. Repeat. Operation Dirty Old Man is now in effect. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-01-2015, 08:34 PM
(27-01-2015 08:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Operation Dirty Old Man is now in effect. Repeat. Operation Dirty Old Man is now in effect. Big Grin

True, but I'm harmless. Hell, I've got kids who are considerably older than Nurse and I'm afraid that my 36 year old son is about to go through a divorce himself.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
29-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Nurse, I've loved reading your posts. You are so clever, funny caring and intuitive. I think everyone wants to give you a great big internet hug.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
29-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Closure
Fuck that. Make a list of cookbooks he's taking. We'll keep an Amazon wish list for you.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
01-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Per my FIL's blog I'm cold and heartless. Dodgy

Right. That's what begging for him to love me is...cold and heartless. Saying I can change, try harder, do NP school at UAH and work only part time... I'm completely unreasonable...right.

I'm such a mess I called out tonight. First time ever taking a personal day. I'm not safe to be taking care of critical patients when I'm this fucked up. They won't be home, neither will my cats (parents aren't letting me keep either one), when I get back to Alabama tonight. So my brother is taking me to the bar later and I'm gonna puff on a fancy schmancy cigar he bought me.

At least I don't yet know his apartment number so I won't end up on his doorstep. Already ended up back in bed with him a few times - why is angry hate sex so fucking delicious? At least now I'm not about to spontaneously combust and can be a little more discerning with getting needs met. Wasn't the best idea though...totally fucks with the heart strings.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-02-2015, 08:59 PM
What the fuck.

So I get up the courage to go inside my empty house, and the wedding pictures are in the living room from my parents rearranging all the furniture. They might as well have put a loaded shotgun, a belt, rope, and a few knives and said "take your pick." Are you fucking kidding me?!

Even the box with my wedding gown is pulled out in the living room.

I don't know how to cope with this. I don't think I can cope with this.

Edit: my cousin is on her way over, and my brother will be here in an hour.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-02-2015, 09:40 PM
(01-02-2015 08:59 PM)Nurse Wrote:  What the fuck.

So I get up the courage to go inside my empty house, and the wedding pictures are in the living room from my parents rearranging all the furniture. They might as well have put a loaded shotgun, a belt, rope, and a few knives and said "take your pick." Are you fucking kidding me?!

Even the box with my wedding gown is pulled out in the living room.

I don't know how to cope with this. I don't think I can cope with this.

Edit: my cousin is on her way over, and my brother will be here in an hour.

That's total bullshit. Your parents are assholes Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-02-2015, 12:49 AM
What a pair of cunts. You can send them that as a message from me and anyone else who likes this post.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
02-02-2015, 04:19 AM
Nurse, you have got to get some therapy songs going. Music helped me over my heartbreaks, especially the ones that allowed me to be angry.

I would start with angry songs, there are plenty out there. Spend a few days with that, let all that anger out, it's in there and it's making you overreact to things. Get it out there. Music is a wonderful way to let go of anger.

Then come the upbeat songs. Triumphant songs. Let's go get the world songs.

It's wonderful therapy and you are in charge. If you keep listening to pain music, you will be wallowing in pain for the duration. It has it's place. Is it time for the change to angry? I think so.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-02-2015, 08:32 AM
(02-02-2015 04:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  Nurse, you have got to get some therapy songs going. Music helped me over my heartbreaks, especially the ones that allowed me to be angry.

I would start with angry songs, there are plenty out there. Spend a few days with that, let all that anger out, it's in there and it's making you overreact to things. Get it out there. Music is a wonderful way to let go of anger.

Then come the upbeat songs. Triumphant songs. Let's go get the world songs.

It's wonderful therapy and you are in charge. If you keep listening to pain music, you will be wallowing in pain for the duration. It has it's place. Is it time for the change to angry? I think so.

Yeah, that.

The next place to get to is:

Now you go your way, baby and I'll go mine
Now and forever till the end of time
I'll find someone new and baby, we'll say we're through
And you won't matter anymore

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post