Closure

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-02-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Closure
(23-02-2015 09:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It hurts and it sucks...been there, done that...hated it. Get the angry music fired up...anger can be a great motivator...

I could like this ten times. I could have written that song.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
23-02-2015, 09:10 PM
(23-02-2015 09:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 09:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It hurts and it sucks...been there, done that...hated it. Get the angry music fired up...anger can be a great motivator...

I could like this ten times. I could have written that song.

Hug

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-02-2015, 09:52 PM
For valentine's day, I sent my sis some Shari's Berries. This is her 1st VD without someone since 1994. I wanted her to know that someone was thinking about her. Since I don't have your address, this is the best I can do. Take care.

Hug

[Image: mothers-day-sharis-berries.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
23-02-2015, 09:56 PM
In Colorado, your husband's lawyer would already be in deep trouble. He cannot, ethically, say anything that discourages you from getting your own lawyer and, he would have to inform you that he represents your husband only and he will not do anything to protect you. I'm pretty sure the rules are the same in Alabama. In fact, Alabama is proud of the fact that they were the first state to get tough ethics rules back in the late 1800s.

You should ask your former boyfriend to help you through this. There is nothing wrong with that kind of attorney-client relationship and most important, he knows you. He knows how your husband's lawyer may attempt to screw you and he knows how fucking vulnerable you are right now.

For many years, I charged $550/hour to hand out this kind of advice and I'm giving it to you free [because everybody on this forum, including me, loves you. You've been through enough fucking pain and it's time you recognized that and stood up to this manipulative cocksucker.] Take my advice, please.
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
23-02-2015, 10:05 PM
By the way, lady, I don't want to keep ragging on you but I have seen women in your position more times than I can remember. The husband takes advantage of them and the wife doesn't really mind because she is convinced that the divorce is primarily her fault. That is bullshit. But if you let this peckerneck walk all over you at the outset, it gets very very hard to make things right later on and you owe it to your son to get fair treatment.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
24-02-2015, 01:12 AM
(23-02-2015 08:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I sure as shit would never waive my rights to legal counsel and representation.

This! Don't let him walk over you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-02-2015, 02:08 AM
(23-02-2015 09:52 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  For valentine's day, I sent my sis some Shari's Berries. This is her 1st VD without someone since 1994. I wanted her to know that someone was thinking about her. Since I don't have your address, this is the best I can do. Take care.

Hug

[Image: mothers-day-sharis-berries.jpg]

Sadcryface this was my first vd completely alone since 2002. In 2003 I had a first date, and 2004 I had my now estranged husband. But! I did have a coworker give me a rainbow dash VDay card, and my son packed a heart filled with skittles in my suitcase. Not an anatomical heart, mind you, but a cute v day heart, he's only six.

Chocolate covered strawberries - they're fucking awesome. Sadcryface

I'm really too drunk to respond with much more coherency at this point. Yay divorce. It's the true drunk diet - can't eat worth shit but you sure can drink like a fish. Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-02-2015, 03:58 AM
Lawyer up! Now! Damnit! I can smell a big load of shit coming your way. Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
24-02-2015, 05:23 AM
(24-02-2015 02:08 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 09:52 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This is her 1st VD without someone since 1994. I wanted her to know that someone was thinking about her.

Sadcryface this was my first vd completely alone since 2002.

Hopefully you can both get a shot or something to clear that up.

Oh...wait...you're talking about Valentines Day. Never mind.

Wink

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
24-02-2015, 06:39 AM
(24-02-2015 05:23 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 02:08 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Sadcryface this was my first vd completely alone since 2002.

Hopefully you can both get a shot or something to clear that up.

Oh...wait...you're talking about Valentines Day. Never mind.

Wink

I thought it as I typed it. Tongue

Ow, my head. I really should go back to sleep. Hobo