Closure

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-04-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: Closure
Yesterday I saw his apartment for the first time. I made it about two minutes before I had to walk out. I was there to get my son ready for his ball game.

So I met with the attorney today. He offered me a cup of Earl Grey, then handed me the papers, and stepped next door while I absorbed it all - I managed to stop crying before he came back, so yay me.

It's all very straight forward paperwork. I proofread it, found a few errors. He sent me home with child support paperwork (basically just filling in my income) to get signed in front of a notary. Alabama has a formula already worked out for how much I owe per month. So. As soon as I get my paperwork to him (likely Monday I'll scan it and email it from work), he can get it finished. I'll be coming back to town next Wednesday evening. So it should be ready for me to sign on Thursday. After that, a 30 day hold. So I should be divorced and reverted back to my maiden name around May 17.

I wish I could say I were ok with this. But I'm not. I never expected to go down this path. I'm so hurt. I trusted him. I meant every word when I said my vows - I never expected the "to love and cherish" to be the vow he'd break. I keep telling myself I'm fine, telling everyone else I'm ok...it's at least true more often these days.

C'est la vie.

Anywho, having a drink at my favorite beer store - a hefe. Got a growler of Avalon Vanillaphant Porter. Tonight we're having a family crawfish boil.

It's times like these I wish pot were legal. I'd love to be just fucking stoned out of my mind about now. My appointment with the shrink is next Thursday - maybe he'll prescribe me something that will take the edge off. I will likely be a mess after signing.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Nurse Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Having been through much the same, I feel your pain. Hug

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Hug

Heart
10-04-2015, 03:57 PM
So sorry.
HeartHugHeart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Sad I am sorry this is hurting so much for you.

Sometimes the future we have planned out takes a turn and that knocks us off balance for a time.

We are here...vent, rant, cry away. Lots of shoulders here willing to allow you let it all out.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Hug

10-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Love that type of beer, my favourite.

Hug

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
10-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Hefe is great. Just don't make a habit out of it. Hug

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
10-04-2015, 08:57 PM
I feel for you I do.

I'm in the process of trying to maintain my marriage of 17 years. I came out atheist over 2 years ago to my Christian wife. This has undoubtably created significant fissures and strains on the marriage. It's been a rocky couple of years, religion has cause some very tempestuous disagreements at times. (Fighting about some idiotic bullshit book wrote 2000 years ago by supertitious Bronze Age desert dwellers .... Utterly ridiculous that that should be an obstacle to a real world relationships.) Some battles I've 'won' and some I've conceded. I've carefully read your post, wondering to myself, could this be what the future holds for me? I sympathize with your situation and hope you find the happiness that you deserve.

Just FYI: wasn't sure how to work this into the above paragraph, but I too am also a nurse. CRNA actually, but I have worked in ICU for a while before going back to school.

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'."
[+] 4 users Like Biolizard's post