Closure

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-04-2015, 02:38 AM
RE: Closure
(23-04-2015 01:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  Credit to you for trying again. IMO... it's gonna be really hard even if he does agree.

Good luck Heart

I know I'm a fool for even trying. I just...arghh. I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing. Guess I'll see his response when he wakes up in a few hours.

If I get into a relationship with another person, I'll likely find myself back here again. I'm so broken hearted I don't know if I could let someone else in like that. At least with him...I know him. And I wouldn't have to spend so much time away from my son.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
23-04-2015, 03:48 AM
(23-04-2015 01:13 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I can't spend the rest of my life in regret over not speaking up. There's no perfect person or perfect relationship

I really agree with you here. If you think it's worth giving a try, then give it a try.

Hug

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
23-04-2015, 07:14 AM
(23-04-2015 02:38 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  Credit to you for trying again. IMO... it's gonna be really hard even if he does agree.

Good luck Heart

I know I'm a fool for even trying. I just...arghh. I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing. Guess I'll see his response when he wakes up in a few hours.

If I get into a relationship with another person, I'll likely find myself back here again. I'm so broken hearted I don't know if I could let someone else in like that. At least with him...I know him. And I wouldn't have to spend so much time away from my son.

If you felt there was a chance and you would want it to work, then you had to try or spend the rest of forever wondering "what if...".

It takes guts to put yourself out there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
23-04-2015, 08:03 AM
I would tell him that you just want more time before signing. You both made alot of decisions when you were both wounded, hurt, confused, and now that the dust has settled, and you both have had a breather, and awhile to process it and get a full grasp of the situation, that you just want to make sure that a life changing decision isnt made in haste,

that you want to just stop and breathe for a moment before going to the next step.

no harm in that.

there is a reason why there is a 30 day wait period, some places have longer.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
23-04-2015, 10:12 AM
There's nothing wrong with going back and trying again. When my son's mom and I broke up, we went to couples counseling for six months -- something I would never have done had it not been for the fact that my son's best interest demanded redoubled efforts.

It still didn't work.

I'm not given over to second or third efforts, but love makes demands all its own.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
23-04-2015, 10:36 AM
(23-04-2015 02:38 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I know I'm a fool for even trying. I just...arghh. I don't know.

There is nothing foolish about trying, don't be so hard on yourself.

(23-04-2015 02:38 AM)Nurse Wrote:  If I get into a relationship with another person, I'll likely find myself back here again. I'm so broken hearted I don't know if I could let someone else in like that. At least with him...I know him. And I wouldn't have to spend so much time away from my son.

So don't get into a relationship. Get yourself into a good place first. You really can't love someone else if you don't first love yourself. Take care. Hug

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
23-04-2015, 01:39 PM
He doesn't want to try, it's completely over for him. His mind's made up.

So. Time to go find a notary...and be done with it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
23-04-2015, 02:58 PM
"Seize the day / pull the trigger, drop the blade / and watch the rolling heads ... "

Sorry it came out this way for you, Nurse. Keep your child's needs first and know that being in a valley means that there are heights nearby.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-04-2015, 05:08 PM
(23-04-2015 01:39 PM)Nurse Wrote:  He doesn't want to try, it's completely over for him. His mind's made up.

So. Time to go find a notary...and be done with it.

Sorry.

I know it hurts, but it's best. You don't want to be with someone who not only doesn't want to be with you but can't live without you. You deserve more.

And, on plus side, we can still date without me fearing for my life every time an Alabama cop came near. It's just less awkward this way.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
23-04-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, Nurse. He may not know it yet, but I'm pretty sure he is the big loser in this deal.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post