Closure

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-04-2015, 07:58 PM
RE: Closure
Much love and many hugs.

You had to give it another try, I get that. We often keep trying even when we know it's not for the best....just to be absolutely sure.

Keep moving forward. We are here for you even if we can't fix things the way you think you want them. Sometimes our lives take a turn that leads us to something we would have missed otherwise. New adventures are waiting for you to be ready for them.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Good on ya for following your heart and giving things a chance to be good again. If we all lived like that who knows what a world this would be...

Hang in there. And hugs.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
23-04-2015, 09:47 PM
I don't know that I'll ever understand why he refuses to try again. I've got to learn to be ok with that.

But at least now, when one day I finally get to a point to try again with someone new, I won't have "what if" plaguing me - that wouldn't be fair to whoever it is that will want to be with me.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
23-04-2015, 10:51 PM
(23-04-2015 05:08 PM)BnW Wrote:  And, on plus side, we can still date without me fearing for my life every time an Alabama cop came near. It's just less awkward this way.

And here I thought you being married would make it awkward Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
23-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Nurse, my ex husband divorced me to date a leprechaun horse hybrid Tongue

I was crushed at first, but he was extremely emotionally abusive. It just took space and time for me to see I was better off. She can have him.

You may find you are better off too.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
24-04-2015, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2015 03:35 AM by BnW.)
(23-04-2015 10:51 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 05:08 PM)BnW Wrote:  And, on plus side, we can still date without me fearing for my life every time an Alabama cop came near. It's just less awkward this way.

And here I thought you being married would make it awkward Tongue

No, that just makes it immoral, demeaning and wrong. But, it's not awkward until she shows up in Alabama. Sadcryface

As for understanding why he doesn't want to try again, my unasked for advice is don't try. You're not going to find an answer that satisfies you. But, try to think of it this way: your great and he's letting you find someone who can be great with you. I've never met you but, with the great ones, you don't need to meet them. They jump out at you in how they present themselves. With him, for whatever reason, you were unhappy. He's giving you the opportunity to be great again. Maybe it's an act of selfishness or maybe its an act of love. You can decide that on your own. It's OK to be sad, but not for too long. You'll be fine though; the great ones always pick themselves up and inspire the rest of us.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
24-04-2015, 03:53 AM
(24-04-2015 03:26 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 10:51 PM)Nurse Wrote:  And here I thought you being married would make it awkward Tongue

No, that just makes it immoral, demeaning and wrong. But, it's not awkward until she shows up in Alabama. Sadcryface

As for understanding why he doesn't want to try again, my unasked for advice is don't try. You're not going to find an answer that satisfies you. But, try to think of it this way: your great and he's letting you find someone who can be great with you. I've never met you but, with the great ones, you don't need to meet them. They jump out at you in how they present themselves. With him, for whatever reason, you were unhappy. He's giving you the opportunity to be great again. Maybe it's an act of selfishness or maybe its an act of love. You can decide that on your own. It's OK to be sad, but not for too long. You'll be fine though; the great ones always pick themselves up and inspire the rest of us.

Hug

HeartHeartHeart

24-04-2015, 09:55 AM
(23-04-2015 10:51 PM)Nurse Wrote:  And here I thought you being married would make it awkward Tongue

Bravo! Perfectly stated.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
25-04-2015, 12:43 PM

This is a beautiful post. Heart

I'm sorry Nurse that he doesn't want to try, but once you detach from the emotional investment part of all of this, you will see that it's probably the best thing he might ever have said to you. Life has a way of working out. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
11-09-2015, 05:12 PM
He signed the papers back in April. I was unhappy with them, a new settlement was drafted two weeks ago.

I signed this afternoon. He'll sign on Monday. I just removed myself from the joint account.

I decided not to go back to my maiden name - between my professional licenses and certs, bills, lease, and government IDs it's too much of a pain in the ass that I don't have time for right now.

No further action required on my part.

I'd say it's damn near closed.

[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post