Huh

Hug Hug Hug Hug

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-01-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Closure
Well Vosur, I'm getting divorced.

Zeke, Been talking about alcohol because well fuck, I'm getting divorced. I actually drink a lot less now than I did back in the summer. (When we went out after the wedding Sunday night, I was drunk after two beers - I hadn't eaten cause, I knew I was going to be asking for divorce and had to sit through a goddamn wedding on one hour of sleep).

Third time I've drank this month. Wouldn't call that a problem. And I can't run and drink - and I'd much prefer to run.

But tonight, I'm getting drunk. Because... I'm getting divorced. It's January 1st. Think this qualifies as an ok time to imbibe a little. Tomorrow will be back to sober.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
01-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Hug

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
01-01-2015, 06:49 PM
sending you hugs Nurse.

Lots of shoulders to lean on and ears willing to listen around here.

Hoping it all goes smoothly, even though its a hard time for all involved.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
01-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Re: Closure
I don't know you very well since I'm so new. What I do know is a lot of people are here for you. So go ahead and get drunk if it helps tonight. I've had alcoholics in my family so you don't give me that vibe.

Rant, bitch & moan, scream, wish him harm, all of that.

Be true to you.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
01-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Having one with/for you. You're an old soul and a good person. Here's to tomorrow...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
01-01-2015, 08:47 PM
When life gives you lemons...make a Vodka with a twist.

Hug lots of hugs kiddo, really.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
02-01-2015, 12:10 AM
My heart is breaking.

I thought I was ok. How is this going to be ok?

Maybe this should have been personal issues... Ahhh fuck. It would be so much easier if I hated him.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-01-2015, 12:12 AM
I'll move the thread.

Hug

Endings are never easy.

Edited to add
Thread is now in Personal Issues and Support.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-01-2015, 12:38 AM

I have no idea why I'm torturing myself with this, but I might as well have written the damn song.

If I thought I couldn't breathe before, I certainly can't now.

I can't drink enough to dull the pain without hugging the toilet. It just hurts so fucking badly. Why can't I love him if he's so wonderful?

The past eight months have been the worst of my life. I lost my religion, and now I'm losing my husband, my son, and my eldest cat... even if the damn cat hates me....

I thought I'd experienced low. I thought I'd experienced rock bottom. The bottom of the bucket? It just fell the fuck out.