Closure

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-01-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Closure
(02-01-2015 12:38 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

I have no idea why I'm torturing myself with this, but I might as well have written the damn song.

If I thought I couldn't breathe before, I certainly can't now.

I can't drink enough to dull the pain without hugging the toilet. It just hurts so fucking badly. Why can't I love him if he's so wonderful?

The past eight months have been the worst of my life. I lost my religion, and now I'm losing my husband, my son, and my eldest cat... even if the damn cat hates me....

I thought I'd experienced low. I thought I'd experienced rock bottom. The bottom of the bucket? It just fell the fuck out.

Hug

As just words on a screen all I can offer is to try and wish you better..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
02-01-2015, 12:49 AM
(02-01-2015 12:44 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 12:38 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

I have no idea why I'm torturing myself with this, but I might as well have written the damn song.

If I thought I couldn't breathe before, I certainly can't now.

I can't drink enough to dull the pain without hugging the toilet. It just hurts so fucking badly. Why can't I love him if he's so wonderful?

The past eight months have been the worst of my life. I lost my religion, and now I'm losing my husband, my son, and my eldest cat... even if the damn cat hates me....

I thought I'd experienced low. I thought I'd experienced rock bottom. The bottom of the bucket? It just fell the fuck out.

Hug

As just words on a screen all I can offer is to try and wish you better..

Well if that ain't the damn truth. Don't know what I'm looking for.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-01-2015, 01:05 AM
There are no words that suffice for these incredibly painful endings. Damn endings.

Life can be so hard, we're all trying to get through, and sometimes the best we can do is to be there to listen for one another. Much sympathy.
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
02-01-2015, 01:13 AM
I know where you're coming from. I spent the first anniversary after my marriage fell apart the same way. Wine and memories...

I just poured myself a glass of gin, so you don't need to drink alone. And if you're interested in a little more self torture, this song always worked for me. Hug

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
02-01-2015, 01:20 AM
(02-01-2015 01:13 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I know where you're coming from. I spent the first anniversary after my marriage fell apart the same way. Wine and memories...

I just poured myself a glass of gin, so you don't need to drink alone. And if you're interested in a little more self torture, this song always worked for me. Hug

That song is beautiful. Perfect. Painful. Sweet. Torture. The melody is perfect for dancing in the kitchen... And so not perfect for dancing in the kitchen...

Thank you

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
02-01-2015, 02:29 AM
Hug

I am so sorry.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
02-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-01-2015, 03:48 AM
(02-01-2015 12:38 AM)Nurse Wrote:  ...
the damn cat hates me....

Yes. That's good. Focus on that.

Focus on the hate!

That's what got me through it.

So many years later and so many more relationships been and gone, it's that mean bitch Norwegian Forest cat I miss the most.

Anyway, a poem for the occasion:

Almost Forgotten.

We are even
or so it seems
but then,
I’ve had so many dreams.

The time has gone
passed
coldly through
when
all my thoughts were thoughts
of you.

But,
wakened by alarming chimes
think gently
on more rosy times

And try to stir
a drunken head from
sodden pillow
on frantic bed.

DLJ

Hug

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
02-01-2015, 04:42 AM
Nurse, you're very nice and I think you deserve to be happy. I hope everything turns out for the better for you.

And of course you can be as melodramatic as you want. Just make sure you take care of yourself. Hug

My fave love song is this one. I tend to listen to sad stuff when I'm sad, so I don't know how it works for you, but I think that it helps "exorcising" my pain and suffering. Hug Besides, I was born in November, so it's kind of perfect. I hope it helps.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
02-01-2015, 04:58 AM
Nurse, just let it all hang out. You are entitled to grieve the loss of the future you dreamed of, the future that seemed to be within reach. Now it's dead and gone, and you are grieving.

You'll have better days and worse, and soon it will lose it's power over you.

Pm me if you want. Hug

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post