Closure

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-01-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: Closure
(02-01-2015 04:42 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Nurse, you're very nice and I think you deserve to be happy. I hope everything turns out for the better for you.

And of course you can be as melodramatic as you want. Just make sure you take care of yourself. Hug

My fave love song is this one. I tend to listen to sad stuff when I'm sad, so I don't know how it works for you, but I think that it helps "exorcising" my pain and suffering. Hug Besides, I was born in November, so it's kind of perfect. I hope it helps.

Thanks.

Yes, music helps me deal, especially when I'm having trouble coping. Tonight, I've been a fucking mess.

Little bit melancholy, little bit angry. Not sure who I'm more angry with. Just...Can't believe I'm here after all these years. Almost wish god were real so I could be fucking pissed at him. Guess I have to settle with being pissed with myself. For not being enough. For giving up. Admitting it's healthier for our son for us to be apart.. For him to stay with his dad... It's a hard pill to swallow. But... We both deserve more, what the other can't give.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
02-01-2015, 05:26 AM
Of course you are sad and angry. Totally normal. You are just angry about the whole situation, not any specifics. From frustration springs anger.

It is natural to feel this way, you are not choosing to feel this way, most everyone feels the same in face of a major loss.

To me, this always seemed so annoying - we are so cogent, yet when presented with certain triggers (like big losses) we all just need to go through a series of pre-programmed responses. There is no avoiding it, if we suppress it, it just pops up again at the next opportunity. I decided that it's best to just let it run it's course and get it over with.

And don't be afraid to put your personal spin on it - it's not crazy to do so. Your brain is just integrating something of major impact.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
02-01-2015, 05:28 AM
(02-01-2015 05:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Of course you are sad and angry. Totally normal. You are just angry about the whole situation, not any specifics. From frustration springs anger.

It is natural to feel this way, you are not choosing to feel this way, most everyone feels the same in face of a major loss.

To me, this always seemed so annoying - we are so cogent, yet when presented with certain triggers (like big losses) we all just need to go through a series of pre-programmed responses. There is no avoiding it, if we suppress it, it just pops up again at the next opportunity. I decided that it's best to just let it run it's course and get it over with.

And don't be afraid to put your personal spin on it - it's not crazy to do so. Your brain is just integrating something of major impact.

Hug

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-01-2015, 05:47 AM
(02-01-2015 05:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Of course you are sad and angry. Totally normal. You are just angry about the whole situation, not any specifics. From frustration springs anger.

What he said. Smile

For me it seemed like there were just so many tears I needed to shed before you emerge from the tunnel and there are no shortcuts. You might as well get started now.

Just be sure to give your friends every chance to show you how much they care. It helps in my experience.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 3 users Like gofish!'s post
02-01-2015, 06:51 AM
(02-01-2015 05:09 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Almost wish god were real so I could be fucking pissed at him.

But on the bright side, at least you don't have to add concerns about divine judgement to everything else you're going through. Blush

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
02-01-2015, 08:58 AM
(02-01-2015 05:47 AM)gofish! Wrote:  What he said. Smile

Erm, fyi, I am female. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
02-01-2015, 09:20 AM
(02-01-2015 08:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 05:47 AM)gofish! Wrote:  What he said. Smile

Erm, fyi, I am female. Tongue

Sad Sorry....does it matter? Tongue

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
02-01-2015, 10:10 AM
(02-01-2015 09:20 AM)gofish! Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 08:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  Erm, fyi, I am female. Tongue

Sad Sorry....does it matter? Tongue

That depends, I suppose. It has mattered many times in my life, and not at other times. Just setting the record straight.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-01-2015, 10:11 AM
(01-01-2015 06:26 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Tonight we will be drinking a bottle of a Washington Pinot Gris similar to what we had on our honeymoon, and will wash it down with a bottle of Irony, all while we take wedding pictures off the walls.

If some of my posts are melodramatic over the next month, cut me a little slack.

All I can do is send a hug! Hug

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
02-01-2015, 10:32 AM
(02-01-2015 05:09 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 04:42 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Nurse, you're very nice and I think you deserve to be happy. I hope everything turns out for the better for you.

And of course you can be as melodramatic as you want. Just make sure you take care of yourself. Hug

My fave love song is this one. I tend to listen to sad stuff when I'm sad, so I don't know how it works for you, but I think that it helps "exorcising" my pain and suffering. Hug Besides, I was born in November, so it's kind of perfect. I hope it helps.

Thanks.

Yes, music helps me deal, especially when I'm having trouble coping. Tonight, I've been a fucking mess.

Little bit melancholy, little bit angry. Not sure who I'm more angry with. Just...Can't believe I'm here after all these years. Almost wish god were real so I could be fucking pissed at him. Guess I have to settle with being pissed with myself. For not being enough. For giving up. Admitting it's healthier for our son for us to be apart.. For him to stay with his dad... It's a hard pill to swallow. But... We both deserve more, what the other can't give.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post