Clouds.. Freak me out.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Clouds.. Freak me out.
When religion has ruined you to the point that you can't even watch a storm blow in. On my way home from work I noticed it was coming. I get home wait a while and go check it out after a loud rumble. (I used to love storms)
I look up and see this long flat cloud moving along.. And there's like.. This person cloud. Person cloud is just taking a stroll to another person cloud. Of course the religion shouts "he will come in the clouds!"
Now. Clouds freak me out. Yay!
I just can't seem to shake off this religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Clouds.. Freak me out.
(06-04-2016 09:12 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  When religion has ruined you to the point that you can't even watch a storm blow in. On my way home from work I noticed it was coming. I get home wait a while and go check it out after a loud rumble. (I used to love storms)
I look up and see this long flat cloud moving along.. And there's like.. This person cloud. Person cloud is just taking a stroll to another person cloud. Of course the religion shouts "he will come in the clouds!"

It is the battle-maidens coming to take the souls of warriors who die valiantly. Nothing to worry about Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
06-04-2016, 09:21 PM
(06-04-2016 09:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 09:12 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  When religion has ruined you to the point that you can't even watch a storm blow in. On my way home from work I noticed it was coming. I get home wait a while and go check it out after a loud rumble. (I used to love storms)

It is the battle-maidens coming to take the souls of warriors who die valiantly. Nothing to worry about Wink

Oh good! That is better.
06-04-2016, 09:28 PM
It's just magical thinking. Just breathe and let it be. It would be the equivalent of reading something about clouds and magic in Harry Potter. Just because some people wrote it somewhere years and years ago does not make it truth. Do you know the Bible also says that God has storehouses of snow and hail? See the thinking of the time, these are the people who wrote about god coming in the clouds.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-04-2016, 09:31 PM
(06-04-2016 09:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It's just magical thinking. Just breathe and let it be. It would be the equivalent of reading something about clouds and magic in Harry Potter. Just because some people wrote it somewhere years and years ago does not make it truth. Do you know the Bible also says that God has storehouses of snow and hail? See the thinking of the time, these are the people who wrote about god coming in the clouds.

thats what i tried to think. its hard to rewind everything you have been taught. but i just stayed outside and stared at them until they formed.. a giant horse. idk what my brain is trying to do but it makes me see things i dont need to be seeing lol.
06-04-2016, 09:40 PM
(06-04-2016 09:31 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 09:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It's just magical thinking. Just breathe and let it be. It would be the equivalent of reading something about clouds and magic in Harry Potter. Just because some people wrote it somewhere years and years ago does not make it truth. Do you know the Bible also says that God has storehouses of snow and hail? See the thinking of the time, these are the people who wrote about god coming in the clouds.

thats what i tried to think. its hard to rewind everything you have been taught. but i just stayed outside and stared at them until they formed.. a giant horse. idk what my brain is trying to do but it makes me see things i dont need to be seeing lol.

We see patterns where there are none. It's called apophenia. It's a human trait that we all have. Many people can look at the clouds and see people or animals. It's just your brain processing info. Your religious training is kicking in and along with apophenia, it is creating patterns where there are none.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-04-2016, 10:04 PM

People see all kinds of stuff in clouds and depending on which religion you believe in will depend on what you see.

If you're a Buddhist you'll see reclining Buddha's everywhere.

[Image: ecffa6cc4d83a3c4c4a3e4c98fcb0f0b.jpg]

(you can see the face looking upward with the profile of a nose and jaw)

Another one...

[Image: F201308271547461938426417.jpg]

And then Hindu's see their god Shiva in clouds too

[Image: 5107025795_cc3729d849_b.jpg].

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Here's what Shiva looks like in case you don't know.

[Image: shiva-01.jpg]

So whatever you wanna see, that's what you're gonna see.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Window Pane lasts like 12-16 hours. You'll be fine.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-04-2016, 10:16 PM
thats what i try to tell myself. its easy but its hard. lol. the anxiety that i have doesnt help it either though.. i just dont freak out nearly as hard. no shaking.. nothing. the only thing shaking now is my house from the storm lol.
06-04-2016, 10:19 PM
*hugs* just keep reminding yourself it's just the anxiety. Just your body reacting to a stimulus. Nothing magical. Wink