Clouds.. Freak me out.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 10:23 PM
RE: Clouds.. Freak me out.
thank you. i have gotten better at not letting the anxiety control me. but sometimes it just creeps in. oh well. Smile better than i was.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2016, 11:58 PM
(06-04-2016 09:12 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  When religion has ruined you to the point that you can't even watch a storm blow in. On my way home from work I noticed it was coming. I get home wait a while and go check it out after a loud rumble. (I used to love storms)
I look up and see this long flat cloud moving along.. And there's like.. This person cloud. Person cloud is just taking a stroll to another person cloud. Of course the religion shouts "he will come in the clouds!"
Now. Clouds freak me out. Yay!
I just can't seem to shake off this religion.

Just tell yourself that the entire concept of God is nebulous and insubstantial. Nothing to take cirrusly. Just a lot of vapor.

.... dammit, I feel like there was an opportunity for another pun in there that I mist.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
07-04-2016, 02:11 AM
Clouds freak me out this time of year...but we get lots of tornados.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-04-2016, 07:23 AM
Whew... glad this isn't a chemtrail thread.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
07-04-2016, 07:40 AM
(06-04-2016 10:23 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  thank you. i have gotten better at not letting the anxiety control me. but sometimes it just creeps in. oh well. Smile better than i was.

It'll just take some time getting your brain acclimated to non-religious thinking. It took me about 3-4 years to completely purge that out of my life.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-04-2016, 07:51 AM
It's the boogieman syndrome. Using fear as a weapon of mass control.

Shake off. Curse it, make fun of it... eventually it will fade.

I love clouds and storms, the raw power of nature is amazing. I hope you can enjoy it again some day.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
07-04-2016, 08:11 AM
Also educating yourself on the Bible and the culture of the time will make this whole process go a lot faster. Education kills superstition each and every time.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-04-2016, 10:19 AM
(06-04-2016 09:12 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  When religion has ruined you to the point that you can't even watch a storm blow in. On my way home from work I noticed it was coming. I get home wait a while and go check it out after a loud rumble. (I used to love storms)
I look up and see this long flat cloud moving along.. And there's like.. This person cloud. Person cloud is just taking a stroll to another person cloud. Of course the religion shouts "he will come in the clouds!"

I never thought about it that way. I love storms though, unless they damage stuff. I relish a good thunderstorm or clouds pouring over the mountains. I never see them as a sign though.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
07-04-2016, 10:24 AM
(07-04-2016 10:19 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  

I never thought about it that way. I love storms though, unless they damage stuff. I relish a good thunderstorm or clouds pouring over the mountains. I never see them as a sign though.

i guess its just because of how i was taught. i mean my last church nearly preached on nothing but the end times. my dad went with me once and said he would never go again. he said everything was a sign of end times to the preacher. like a tornado ripped through a town once.. end times. the earth quakes.. end times. a semi driving down the road was end times.
07-04-2016, 02:03 PM
(07-04-2016 02:11 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Clouds freak me out this time of year...but we get lots of tornados.

Yea, clouds don't bother me until they look like this on the radar.

[Image: mail-400x347.png]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post