Clouds and Atheism; Bigbang Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Clouds and Atheism; Bigbang Theory
So I was sitting outside today when something peculiar crossed my mind. Clouds form when rising air, through expansion, cools to the point where some of the water vapor molecules "clump together" faster than they are torn apart by their thermal energy. Some of that (invisible) water vapor condenses to form (visible) cloud droplets or ice crystals.

It's invisible until it actually creates clouds... so really it's something that just appears in the sky out of thin air if you look at it from the unknown perspective. This in my opinion is similar to the Big Bang Theory. According to the Big Bang model, the universe was originally in an extremely hot and dense state that expanded rapidly. This expansion caused the universe to cool and resulted in the present diluted state that continues to expand today.

Most Theist believe something (A Creator) had to invent the whole universe but in reality wouldn't clouds some what prove they are wrong?

Feel free to take this into more technical terms but I just thought of this today and if you can wrap your mind around what I'm trying to say maybe you'll even agree.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2011, 12:30 PM
RE: Clouds and Atheism; Bigbang Theory
Before humans knew how clouds were made, Zeus made them. And if someone doesn't know how the Universe came to be, a different god made it. Just god of the gaps.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
27-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't really get, what's the analogy between Big Bang and clouds. Confused

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
27-04-2011, 12:53 PM
(27-04-2011 12:48 PM)TheSelfishGene Wrote:  I don't really get, what's the analogy between Big Bang and clouds. Confused

From my understanding; they both seemingly appear out of nothing.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
27-04-2011, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2011 06:02 AM by Snuff.)
Exactly Smile and so this is a perfect example you can use against Christians or other Theist. Molecules that are simply just gases can mix with other invisible gases and cause such a mega explosion (Big Bang) are similar to clouds. These are massive to humans some covering 2/3 of the country at times. Since the Universe is so massive gases are practically it's clouds and they mixed by chance causing a chain reaction.

I think most common believers find human life, intelligence, and the complete Universe so amazing that it had to be created by someone of super natural powers otherwise their questions are not answered and these imbeciles can't seem to make it through life not knowing but in all reality they are just giving up to me. Just accept it theists, everything was by chance, just because a lot of things are beautiful doesn't mean it had to have a creator; simply put it's survival of the fittest. It took what? 4+ billion years for us to evolve into what we are and in the past 300-500 years have we made advancements to figuring out more than meets eye.

If you look through images and history you will see some horrible looking insects, animals, and humans. Diseases, infections, and viruses are proof that it's simply a food chain and everything is linked together... everything lives off of something else. We all exist because we can coexist to a certain extent and stay populated, but the human species are so much more intelligent it's now toppled the food chain wouldn't you think? With technology at hand how will our bodies actually evolve? Is it going to cause us to become weaker wearing tennis shoes? Are toenails going to disappear? Will our vision decrease because of televisions, computers, and books?
27-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Technology is definitely affecting our evolution. Like domestic animals our brains are loosing mass in relation to our size. This means we may have passed the peak of our growing intellegence and are now diminishing in intellegence. This doesn't mean that we will soon slow down our technology advancements, we will just ride on the shoulders of those who went before, more and more.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
28-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Interesting statement No J. about the mass loss but could it be like computers? As technology advances it gets smaller and smaller but faster and more powerful? If this is the case that would be horrible because I don't want a tiny head and a big body! No but all jokes aside I really think it could be that or yes we could be past our peak of intelligence... it sure as hell seems like it with the common human. Although I will say I am a failure when it comes to math but the American education in the south is horrible... I taught most of the important things I know to myself via television. History, Discovery, etc (Internet) I understand math is extremely important especially in the field of study I would like to go into. Anything to do with progressing technology, space discovery and astronomy, space travel and physics. I'm not real sure if there is even an easy way to learn math... how the hell did Einstein learn it? LOL!
30-04-2011, 11:40 PM
(28-04-2011 06:08 AM)Snuff Wrote:  Interesting statement No J. about the mass loss but could it be like computers? As technology advances it gets smaller and smaller but faster and more powerful?

Computers are a result of new materials and new processing methods. Brains are made of the same stuff. That said, I don't see that as possible.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
01-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Maybe, but where did spacetime (or simply space, with the 4D hypothesis) come from. Their god is moving ever backward, now to the stage where it is a transcendant, immaterial, intangible, untestable entity that we can't comprehend. They claim that we aren't sure of every detail (which is true), so they can make a god of the gaps and claim we can't accept ignorance. The deity is in the detail, or lack thereof.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
01-05-2011, 07:19 AM

Lawrence Krauss explains this beautifully Wink
Quote this message in a reply