Co Polititian says atheists need exorcism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Co Polititian says atheists need exorcism
http://aattp.org/newly-minted-insane-gop...sms-video/

https://www.facebook.com/gordonforcolorado Is his FB page, be polite but blunt. Notice the post where it says they will not put up with hateful posts. HA look who is talking.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Co Polititian says atheists need exorcism
I don't have these feelings of anger or discomfort he talks about when I go to church (just boredom), so I guess I'm not a candidate. If I was, though, I'd probably volunteer for an exorcism. When it failed, they'd either have to admit that the didn't have the faith/spiritual power/whatever to defeat my demon, or admit that there isn't actually a demon involved.

I'm just thinking out loud.
Find all posts by this user
24-10-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't know. I get kind of nervous going anywhere near churches. Because of this thread I googled to see whether other people react the same way I do and realised that I am not alone after all.

[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
24-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I spent nearly 3 hours in a church last night watching a debate. The only feeling I'm aware of was mild amusement at the irony of going to a church solely to hear somebody very clearly demonstrate how ridiculous their claims are.

I don't think that article got it quite right though. They are correct that atheists don't like school graduations being held in a church but I don't think it is due to any discomfort about attending. The problem is that holding the ceremony surrounded by religious symbols gives the appearance of needing the religious imprimatur to legitimize the event. That's a merging of church and state.

The only way I could feel discomfort about entering a church would be if I gave any credence to the belief. I don't. It is just a building with some odd decor.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
24-10-2014, 04:27 PM
I dunno, feeling hatred towards putting statues of torture victims on the wall seems logical to me.

And I guess my own little demon must also be repelled by bridges, bugs, and haluski, cause I hate/feel uncomfortable around those things, too.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
24-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Co Springs seems to spawn these types. While they are a huge embarrassment for the rest of us, I much prefer to have these clowns step up the mic and just tell us all what they REALLY think. Preferably on camera. I would prefer to know what craziness lurks in the little corners of that head BEFORE they are elected to office of any kind.

This one's a keeper.