CoD: Black Ops

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2010, 04:50 AM
CoD: Black Ops
I'm posting this thread early so that when the game comes out tomorrow, I can jump on here in a seething rage or a joyous nirvana and tear/praise this game apart. Being a CoD game, here's my prediction. New maps, different graphics, and new weapons will make people dance the happy dance and enjoy this game for a few months. Then the community will discover a way to abuse the game (OMA tube, tac insert boosting, etc) and the hackers and modders will have fully integrated themselves, and this once great game will become unplayable.

From what I've seen of the game, it seems to have corrected MW2's mistakes while adding some interesting new killstreaks and items (like the "decoy" that you throw that simulates bullets being fired, drawing people to that area).

We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2010, 09:26 AM
RE: CoD: Black Ops
I haven't gotten around to finishing this post because I've been playing a good 24 straight hours. Here's the review I posted on gamespot. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/c...%3Breview1

Everyone should purchase and play this game.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
10-11-2010, 05:09 PM
I wasn't planning on buying it. I told myself Modern Warfare 2 would be my last Call of Duty game. But no, god dammit, I'm going to buy Black Ops because I'm a tool and I'm buying into the hype!

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
12-11-2010, 08:01 AM
According to myself and the CoD/machinima elite such as Hutch, SeaNanners, and BlameTruth... this is the best CoD to date. Seriously, it's awesome.

12-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I've never been much of a COD guy. I was always more into Halo. But with the new online split screen ability, I can now play WITH my buddies. Instead of taking turns. I LOVE that. Some things irritate me but the multi player has already provided us with 20 plus hours of entertainment!
31-12-2010, 05:22 AM
I like it more than MW2.
My only beef is it'll be a while before I get used to the game again and get good, until then I'll probably have a solid score of 9-15 -_\\

Anyone notice the irritating amount of silent sprayers, n00btubers, and hip-fire AKwhores there are?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
31-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Not really. I run Flak Jacket so the few noobtubers are promptly laughed at. The only thing I hate is the amount of people running AK74u's. Any game where speed is a must, like CTF, the whole lobby has the same weapon. Still, this has been the best CoD so far with regards to "amount of things that piss people off" combined with Treyarch's efficiency in patching such things. No danger close, commando knives, one man army, and the spawn trapping is almost impossible.

31-12-2010, 03:24 PM
(31-12-2010 03:17 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Not really. I run Flak Jacket so the few noobtubers are promptly laughed at. The only thing I hate is the amount of people running AK74u's. Any game where speed is a must, like CTF, the whole lobby has the same weapon. Still, this has been the best CoD so far with regards to "amount of things that piss people off" combined with Treyarch's efficiency in patching such things. No danger close, commando knives, one man army, and the spawn trapping is almost impossible.

Its definitely better than MW2, granted there are certain red flags that let you figure out when to leave a match in MW2.
I've been trying to run a support gunner class for a while, but I'm doing far far better with my riot-control setup... and on that note, the stakeout is crap, don't use it.
I miss my L86 :'(

I swear in my first match I went 0-14, I kept spawning in the same spot and a guy would hipfire kill me with a silenced AUG styr.

But like we've both said, its vastly superior to mw2, if it had been mw2 I would have been knifed in the back about 10 times in a row.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"