Coaches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2016, 02:35 AM
Coaches
I umpired a select (level above house league) rookie ball (7-9 year olds) tournament this weekend. And all I want to say is....Fucking Coaches!

They have to bitch about everything. The kids just learned to tie their shoes but if you listened to some of these coaches you'd figure that This was the major leagues. Except major league coaches probably know the fucking rules. There were 3 coaches at that tournament I should ejected. I'm too nice unfortunately.

Any one else here a sports official?

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
09-08-2016, 06:05 AM
RE: Coaches
I dunno....

I always thought sports was for people who don't know how to enjoy leisure time...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-08-2016, 06:26 AM
I am not an official but I was the mother of a little league player. My son had wonderful coaches (the same two men with occasional help throughout the time he played). I did witness not only awful coaches but awful parents/family during that time.

A coworker pulled her son out of LL last year because the coaches her son had treated the boys like they should have the knowledge and skill of college or pro level players...he was five years old.

LL should be the time when coaches are teaching the mechanics of the game and teamwork.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-08-2016, 10:19 AM
I'm not a sports official, but the reverend skipped my cousin's wedding rehearsal to referee a high school football game instead. He made a bad call, and then had the coaches argue with him, and then his kid got beat up at school the next day.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2016, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't officiate a youth league sporting event for any amount of money. Between the coaches and the parents I'd probably kill somebody.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
09-08-2016, 08:20 PM
(09-08-2016 06:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I am not an official but I was the mother of a little league player. My son had wonderful coaches (the same two men with occasional help throughout the time he played). I did witness not only awful coaches but awful parents/family during that time.

A coworker pulled her son out of LL last year because the coaches her son had treated the boys like they should have the knowledge and skill of college or pro level players...he was five years old.

LL should be the time when coaches are teaching the mechanics of the game and teamwork.

Ya, don't get me wrong, There are a lot of great coaches. During the semi final game of the tournament, one coach came up to me. One of his kids had injured her hand the day before and her parents brought her anyway. The coach didn't want her to bat cause he didn't want her to injure herself more but the parents wanted her to play. So he asked me if he could not have her in the batting line up but still let her play in the field (obviously against the rules). I told him to ask the other coach. The other coach said of course let her play. Remember this game actually mattered. I just had to thank the coach and shook his hand. I told the convenor of the league and he want and shook the coaches hand as well. Good coaches. Had a bit of a problem with them in the finals but that was a crappy situation where one team was going to be upset regardless.

And I hate the coaches you yell at their kids. If the kid does something stupid, well okay (a second baseman said of the first baseman "it's not my fault he can't catch the ball!" ya the coach immediately benched the kid, good on the coach) but if it's for playing the game badly, c'mon. It's house league, none of these kids have a future in baseball. They're here to have fun. Also what really pisses me off is that they yell at the kids and the umps, but don't know the rules.
Seriously I wish every coach would Google "baseball rule myths". The number of times coaches bitch at me cause they think they know the rules is way to often.

Speaking of parents, my mom commented that the parents now (there is a 11 year gap between my sister and brother who are plaing in the 10-11 age group and my slightly younger brother and I) are much more intense than when I was at that level. I saw the convenor today. I asked why he was at the park. Apparently he was dealing with a bunch of parents who complained about two umps who had done a game. The umps were 12 and it was their first year. C'mon people take a fucking break.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc