Coexist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Coexist
i coexist with my wife, who both believes in god and is superstitious. we argue once in a while and i tend to tease her, but no harm done. one example is that she thinks leaving your purse on the floor is bad luck. so of course if she leaves it on the couch, where i sit, i always set it on the floor, much to her anger. last night her sister stayed with us. she said her sister believes it too (big surprise), to which i replied "great, so youre both delusional then".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2016, 09:11 AM
(07-05-2016 09:05 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 08:56 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  so did your preacher go around murdering people that he couldnt convert? im not sure what other solution there would be. unless he just whined and stamped his foot about those who dont agree with him. im betting (and hoping) it was the latter.

no he didnt murder anyone lol
he just.. said that we couldnt co exist together. im sure i have notes on it in one of my notebooks from then.
he basically said we couldnt live in the same world with them.

and yet we do, for the most part. im not sure what his point it.
07-05-2016, 09:37 AM
(07-05-2016 09:05 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  ...

Tell him he is free to leave. We won't stop him.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
07-05-2016, 09:39 AM
(07-05-2016 07:07 AM)izel Wrote:  It is not religions that cannot coexist, it is arrogant humans. There is no reason why someone with one set of beliefs cannot live peacefully with someone with different beliefs. It is only when one of those people feels they are entitled to force those beliefs onto the other. Most religions can justify this behaviour, and it is up to the individuals to interpret their own religions differently. When your religion breaches the terms of secularity then that is when they cannot coexist.

Religions can not exist without humans. So it can in fact be "Religions" that can not coexist. Simply because religion is not a self piloting entity.
07-05-2016, 09:40 AM
(07-05-2016 09:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 09:05 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  ...

Tell him he is free to leave. We won't stop him.

Drinking Beverage

I thought I would show him how to "not coexist" when I was sitting through one of those rants. I've heard it before myself and I could not help but to think... "WTF kind of church is this?"
07-05-2016, 09:50 AM
(07-05-2016 09:40 AM)WadeW.Wilson Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 09:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Tell him he is free to leave. We won't stop him.

Drinking Beverage

I thought I would show him how to "not coexist" when I was sitting through one of those rants. I've heard it before myself and I could not help but to think... "WTF kind of church is this?"

and i never believed you when you told me. what a shame
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
07-05-2016, 10:02 AM
(07-05-2016 09:05 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  he basically said we couldnt live in the same world with them.

I see no problem with this. A faith-based space program should have them in another world very quickly. Evil_monster

My dad's an atheist, my mom a liberal christian, my sister a moderate christian and my brother a muslim. The grandparents were lapsed protestants and lapsed catholics. We coexist just fine.

I spend the overwhelming majority of my life neither knowing nor caring what the beliefs of the people around me are. The only time I'm ever likely to find out is when they get pushy about it.

Religious tolerance is what the zealots claim we don't have whenever the courts ask them to stop funding their make-believe with our tax dollars.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
07-05-2016, 10:22 AM
and this is how religious wars are started. some dingbat says something stupid like that and a bunch of other dingbats agree with him.. sounds like your preacher should be strapping a bomb to his chest or crashing a plane into a highly populated are.
07-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Luckily he has only a small following and they all have full time jobs. Personally I don't see how any rational person can actually take him seriously. He's claimed that this is a Christian nation and that the Christians are being "overthrown" basically by a Muslim agenda.
07-05-2016, 01:52 PM
As long as we coexist under secular law, we all good.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results