Coexist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: Coexist
(06-05-2016 11:15 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  This term was brought up often in my church. To see a coexist sign would send my preacher into a rant. To coexist means to accept people and their religions. But according to what I've been taught it can not happen. I saw a coexist car sticker today and for the first time I didn't think of these people as morons. I was happy to see it. Based on what I've been taught coexisting is being unequally yolked. The very words my preacher used was its impossible to coexist and please God. We can teach, preach, whatever all day to these others but to coexist is out of the question.
Now that I have opened my mind, I see it differently. I see the ones who say we can't coexist as monsters. The reason they don't want to coexist is because their God never allowed it. The same God who wiped out cities, women, children, innocents.. All because they were different. They were pagan. Different beliefs. It's not okay to coexist but it is perfectly ok to murder people so that we don't have to coexist with different tribes.
Yeah.. They are right. It's impossible to coexist with closed minded people. It's impossible to coexist with people who think they are better for being saved. It is impossible to coexist with people who look down on others for being different. It's impossible to coexist with people who are against anyone just being themselves.

Im glad that I no longer have to deal with this crap.

Does your preacher realise how much he has in common with ISIS?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2016, 03:39 PM
(07-05-2016 03:37 PM)Silly Deity Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 11:15 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  This term was brought up often in my church. To see a coexist sign would send my preacher into a rant. To coexist means to accept people and their religions. But according to what I've been taught it can not happen. I saw a coexist car sticker today and for the first time I didn't think of these people as morons. I was happy to see it. Based on what I've been taught coexisting is being unequally yolked. The very words my preacher used was its impossible to coexist and please God. We can teach, preach, whatever all day to these others but to coexist is out of the question.
Now that I have opened my mind, I see it differently. I see the ones who say we can't coexist as monsters. The reason they don't want to coexist is because their God never allowed it. The same God who wiped out cities, women, children, innocents.. All because they were different. They were pagan. Different beliefs. It's not okay to coexist but it is perfectly ok to murder people so that we don't have to coexist with different tribes.
Yeah.. They are right. It's impossible to coexist with closed minded people. It's impossible to coexist with people who think they are better for being saved. It is impossible to coexist with people who look down on others for being different. It's impossible to coexist with people who are against anyone just being themselves.

Im glad that I no longer have to deal with this crap.

Does your preacher realise how much he has in common with ISIS?

I am not sure actually
07-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Does your preacher realise how much he has in common with Cthulu?

[Image: cthulhu_by_disse86-d9tq84i.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
07-05-2016, 06:59 PM
(07-05-2016 06:55 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Does your preacher realise how much he has in common with Cthulu?

[Image: cthulhu_by_disse86-d9tq84i.jpg]

Oh my, now I have concerns
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
07-05-2016, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2016 11:54 PM by SitaSky.)
[Image: 031-bumper-fiction.jpg]

I like this message better but the fact that I fear for my car's safety if I was to use this sticker shows how confident I am that everyone in my community wants to coexist with me . I actually live in a very secular area of the country, northern Cali near San Francisco is actually pretty cool but still many Christians are here and they can get pretty angry at anyone who doesn't believe. The word "atheist" breaks them into hives. I hope someday there will be enough awareness of atheism and it will be understood we are moral and we don't hate any gods, science is the best way we have to explain nature and religious rules don't belong in our laws, then we can coexist.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
08-05-2016, 12:08 AM
(07-05-2016 11:49 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  [Image: 031-bumper-fiction.jpg]

I like this message better but the fact that I fear for my car's safety if I was to use this sticker shows how confident I am that everyone in my community wants to coexist with me . I actually live in a very secular area of the country, northern Cali near San Francisco is actually pretty cool but still many Christians are here and they can get pretty angry at anyone who doesn't believe. The word "atheist" breaks them into hives. I hope someday there will be enough awareness of atheism and it will be understood we are moral and we don't hate any gods, science is the best way we have to explain nature and religious rules don't belong in our laws, then we can coexist.
I'd love to put that on my car too, but alas, I live in Kansas. Nope.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
08-05-2016, 04:26 AM
(08-05-2016 12:08 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  

I'd love to put that on my car too, but alas, I live in Kansas. Nope.

How come none of the god-botheres is enough of a True Believer™ to have enough faith that their god will handle blasphemy on his own? No, they always have to get in their god's way and do his work for him; a tacit admission (intentional or not) that they know that if they don't do anything, nothing will actually be done.

If a god doesn't care enough to strike the car with a meteor for it's bumper sticker, then just fuck off already... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-05-2016, 04:44 AM
(08-05-2016 04:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 12:08 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'd love to put that on my car too, but alas, I live in Kansas. Nope.

How come none of the god-botheres is enough of a True Believer™ to have enough faith that their god will handle blasphemy on his own? No, they always have to get in their god's way and do his work for him; a tacit admission (intentional or not) that they know that if they don't do anything, nothing will actually be done.

If a god doesn't care enough to strike the car with a meteor for it's bumper sticker, then just fuck off already... Dodgy

I saw a video one time about the fact that Believers take rejection of their god as a personal rejection of themselves. Another person commented that that was because their god is a product of their imaginations, they can't help but confuse themselves with the god they imagine. Maybe that is the reason.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
08-05-2016, 05:11 AM

ive seen shirts with that on it. you could always wear one of those. unless you think theres a chance of getting a beat down by some crazy theists
08-05-2016, 05:32 AM
(08-05-2016 05:11 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  

ive seen shirts with that on it. you could always wear one of those. unless you think theres a chance of getting a beat down by some crazy theists

Failing that, you can always wear one of these.

[Image: 917aJhT16aL._SL1500_.jpg]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]