Coexist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 09:15 AM
RE: Coexist
(08-05-2016 05:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 05:11 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  ive seen shirts with that on it. you could always wear one of those. unless you think theres a chance of getting a beat down by some crazy theists

Failing that, you can always wear one of these.

[Image: 917aJhT16aL._SL1500_.jpg]

Tongue

if i wore one id definitely add a chin strap.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
09-05-2016, 12:35 AM
(06-05-2016 11:15 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  This term was brought up often in my church. To see a coexist sign would send my preacher into a rant. To coexist means to accept people and their religions. But according to what I've been taught it can not happen. I saw a coexist car sticker today and for the first time I didn't think of these people as morons. I was happy to see it. Based on what I've been taught coexisting is being unequally yolked. The very words my preacher used was its impossible to coexist and please God. We can teach, preach, whatever all day to these others but to coexist is out of the question.
Now that I have opened my mind, I see it differently. I see the ones who say we can't coexist as monsters. The reason they don't want to coexist is because their God never allowed it. The same God who wiped out cities, women, children, innocents.. All because they were different. They were pagan. Different beliefs. It's not okay to coexist but it is perfectly ok to murder people so that we don't have to coexist with different tribes.
Yeah.. They are right. It's impossible to coexist with closed minded people. It's impossible to coexist with people who think they are better for being saved. It is impossible to coexist with people who look down on others for being different. It's impossible to coexist with people who are against anyone just being themselves.

Im glad that I no longer have to deal with this crap.

According to scripture, your preacher is correct. Indeed, allow me to quote Jesus himself.

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

And remember this.

2nd John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2nd John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2nd John 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Non xians are to be considered evil. Your priest is true to his dogma. It is the false xians who deny the scripture. I respect your pastor more than I them. At least he is true to his beliefs.

That his beliefs are evil is another matter. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-05-2016, 03:25 AM
(09-05-2016 12:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 11:15 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  This term was brought up often in my church. To see a coexist sign would send my preacher into a rant. To coexist means to accept people and their religions. But according to what I've been taught it can not happen. I saw a coexist car sticker today and for the first time I didn't think of these people as morons. I was happy to see it. Based on what I've been taught coexisting is being unequally yolked. The very words my preacher used was its impossible to coexist and please God. We can teach, preach, whatever all day to these others but to coexist is out of the question.
Now that I have opened my mind, I see it differently. I see the ones who say we can't coexist as monsters. The reason they don't want to coexist is because their God never allowed it. The same God who wiped out cities, women, children, innocents.. All because they were different. They were pagan. Different beliefs. It's not okay to coexist but it is perfectly ok to murder people so that we don't have to coexist with different tribes.
Yeah.. They are right. It's impossible to coexist with closed minded people. It's impossible to coexist with people who think they are better for being saved. It is impossible to coexist with people who look down on others for being different. It's impossible to coexist with people who are against anyone just being themselves.

According to scripture, your preacher is correct. Indeed, allow me to quote Jesus himself.

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

And remember this.

2nd John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2nd John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2nd John 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Non xians are to be considered evil. Your priest is true to his dogma. It is the false xians who deny the scripture. I respect your pastor more than I them. At least he is true to his beliefs.

That his beliefs are evil is another matter. Wink

The crazy part is I believed it too without question. Like I said it was the first time I wasn't calling the coexist sign owners morons. I used to be insulted by this sign.

its crazy!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
09-05-2016, 08:06 AM

Problems with coexistence at least in my current neck of the woods, seems almost exclusively a white person problem. In the state that my parents grew up in, Christians were the minority about 20% of the population, another 30% where Muslims, and the rest Hindhu, and we got along quite well, even though we'd likely fall on the more conservative sides of our traditions.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
09-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Coexist
In my area, we have a large pagan group who love those coexist stickers. But most of them are worse than Abrahamic theists when it comes to hating atheists. I guess they've learned from the best.