Coheed and Cambria - New Album

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2012, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 05:08 AM by Buddy Christ.)
Coheed and Cambria - New Album
So apparently all my friends are terrible people and no one told me (cause no one knew) that a new C & C album drops in 8 days (Oct 9th).

For those of you not familiar with Coheed, here's a quick crash course.

Claudio, the singer, is known for his crazy high pitch and his white man's afro hair that seems to be self-aware. Their songs are all based on a self-written science fiction comic book series called The Amory Wars. So while rocking out, you also get taken on a mystical journey.

Here's 4 of their popular songs.

And usually, I wouldn't post live songs when introducing people to a band... but honestly this version is just as good as the album, plus you get to enjoy his hair.

"MAN YOUR OWN JACKHAMMER! Man your battle stations! We'll have you dead pretty soon."

"Something lurks, creeps on the counter top, somewhere behind you."

"What did I do to deserve all of this? What did I do to deserve all of you?"

Alright, enough rocking to the past. The new song gives me mixed feelings. The intro is pure awesomeness, but then it seems to ramble on for 8 minutes, changing tone and tempo in a way that doesn't quite click.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 05:19 AM
RE: Coheed and Cambria - New Album
Their last album really was quite bad, so I shall remain sceptical about this one.

I'll still give it a listen though.

Their first 2 albums were perfect, 3rd was amazing, 4th was great... 5th was an abortion. I really don't know what happened with that one. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
(01-10-2012 05:19 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Their last album really was quite bad, so I shall remain sceptical about this one.

I'll still give it a listen though.

Their first 2 albums were perfect, 3rd was amazing, 4th was great... 5th was an abortion. I really don't know what happened with that one. Tongue

Yeah. The Broken and Juggernaut were pretty good, but the rest of the YOTB album didn't even compare to their previous work.

Much like Red Hot Chili Pepper's and Soundgarden's newest album, I just pretended it didn't exist.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
08-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Wow, new cd tomorrow? I'm crap at keeping up with stuff I like sometimes. I didn't like YOTBR when I first listened to it, but I like it now, though I would put it last compared to the others.

I wonder what this cd will be about since technically Amory Wars is over? or is it? Guess I'll just find out.
09-10-2012, 06:13 AM
yay new album Smile

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
YES!

I love these guys.

Also, I think Claudio Sanchez get the award for "Looking Absolutely Opposite of How You Sound".

[Image: vjp09.gif]
09-10-2012, 12:26 PM
I only liked this song mtv played it non stop back when it first aird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFObU6-qN_k

Heart cute
09-10-2012, 12:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUpvTMis...re=related

Heart cute
16-10-2012, 04:24 PM
So has anyone picked it up? I got it, I like it a lot. Good stuff. A few songs I'm kinda meh about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tool's new album... Revenant77x 0 49 18-07-2014 12:02 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Favorite Album Released This Year Artemis 5 215 05-01-2014 07:10 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  New Neko Case album! cbb2274 0 194 07-06-2013 07:36 PM
Last Post: cbb2274
  Metal Album Reviews: Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? - Megadeth ELK12695 1 277 19-04-2013 04:01 AM
Last Post: TheGulegon
  Metal Album Reviews: Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! - Megadeth ELK12695 3 473 01-04-2013 12:04 AM
Last Post: Buddy Christ
  Justin Timberlake's new album and my struggle to maintain my sexuality Buddy Christ 7 468 20-03-2013 10:56 AM
Last Post: Near
  New Queens of the Stone Age Album on the Horizon Dark Light 0 254 14-02-2013 10:36 PM
Last Post: Dark Light