Col School Dist Pushes Xtian ‘Purity’ Event for 11yrs Old Girls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2016, 09:32 AM
Col School Dist Pushes Xtian ‘Purity’ Event for 11yrs Old Girls
This is why we need separation of church and state!

The school district sent out an email which includes the silhouette of a girl’s face with a Bible verse from Luke 7:38.

By David Edwards / Raw Story - January 21, 2016

"Parents in Colorado have complained that a school district used its email system to advertise a Christian event which uses Bible lessons to encourage girls as young as 11 to stay “pure” while looking for a husband.

Colorado blogger Anne Landman first reported that the Western Colorado Atheists and Freethinkers had been contacted by parents after Mesa Valley School District 51 sent out an email promotion for an event called “Wake Up Sleeping Beauty: Worship At His Feet.”

The flier includes the silhouette of a girl’s face with a Bible verse from Luke 7:38.

“As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them,” the flier reads.

The program, which is put on by June Fellhauer’s Wake Up Ministries, promises that girls will want to change their Facebook status to “The One Who Worships At His Feet.”"

cont. at link

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politic...girls-find

GaspAngry

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
23-01-2016, 09:40 AM
RE: Col School Dist Pushes Xtian ‘Purity’ Event for 11yrs Old Girls
No, that's not creepy at all.

Hobo

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
23-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Just awful. When I was a Christian (raised Irish Catholic before that), we were taught the same thing--Stay pure. If you don't stay pure, you let God and your future husband down. Well, I lost my virginity before marriage and I felt like such a horrible person after for letting God and my future husband down. I remember going home and praying on a rosary and begging God for forgiveness. I was also taught not to masturbate by my church. (I was even told by a pastor that you shouldn't even masturbate in front of your husband--even if he was into it!) Of course, I masturbated anyway and again felt like a horrible person.

As an unmarried adult Christian, I enjoyed sex with a bf and masturbating--but it did impact the quality of my orgasms because God. Right when I was about to completely enjoy myself God would fucking pop in my mind. When I finally shed myself of my religion, my orgasms have been so incredibly ah-mazing. No more guilt. No more worrying about pissing God off or letting anyone down for having an orgasm before marriage.

Sex is a natural act. It's not dirty or vile. But the church makes you feel that expressing and enjoying your sexuality is dirty and bad. It always makes me so angry to read things like you mentioned in your post. To put that on young girls which can impact their view of sex and sexuality as women is really a form of abuse, imo.
[+] 8 users Like jennybee's post
23-01-2016, 10:06 AM
(23-01-2016 09:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Just awful. When I was a Christian (raised Irish Catholic before that), we were taught the same thing--Stay pure. If you don't stay pure, you let God and your future husband down. Well, I lost my virginity before marriage and I felt like such a horrible person after for letting God and my future husband down. I remember going home and praying on a rosary and begging God for forgiveness. I was also taught not to masturbate by my church. (I was even told by a pastor that you shouldn't even masturbate in front of your husband--even if he was into it!) Of course, I masturbated anyway and again felt like a horrible person.

As an unmarried adult Christian, I enjoyed sex with a bf and masturbating--but it did impact the quality of my orgasms because God. Right when I was about to completely enjoy myself God would fucking pop in my mind. When I finally shed myself of my religion, my orgasms have been so incredibly ah-mazing. No more guilt. No more worrying about pissing God off or letting anyone down for having an orgasm before marriage.

Sex is a natural act. It's not dirty or vile. But the church makes you feel that expressing and enjoying your sexuality is dirty and bad. It always makes me so angry to read things like you mentioned in your post. To put that on young girls which can impact their view of sex and sexuality as women is really a form of abuse, imo.

Oh it's abuse alright and it can last a lifetime. It's also misogyny, no to girls enjoying sex but it's a males god given right to enjoy women. Bah!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
23-01-2016, 10:07 AM
With all that worshipping it looks like whoever organises this is into some kinky shit. Or it is just the theme of church affiliated action?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-01-2016, 10:21 AM
(23-01-2016 09:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I was also taught not to masturbate by my church.

Well there might be a point there. Why masturbate by the church when you can go inside? The choir loft is usually empty. ;-)
[+] 5 users Like I Am's post
23-01-2016, 10:35 AM
(23-01-2016 10:21 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 09:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I was also taught not to masturbate by my church.

Well there might be a point there. Why masturbate by the church when you can go inside? The choir loft is usually empty. ;-)

Laugh out load
23-01-2016, 10:42 AM
But when Islam treats girls/women like property, that's not ok.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
23-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Xtian pedophiles with a foot fetish....

Naw -- nothing weird going on there, huh????

Consider

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Disgusting. I hope the ACLU and FFRF sue.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post