Cold medicine murder in Raleigh, NC (my neck of the woods)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 02:00 PM by reeveseb.)
Cold medicine murder in Raleigh, NC (my neck of the woods)
This just happened Thursday night of last week. First story here. Follow up here. I watched his first court appearance. He didn't say much. Next court date is Sept 25th. No bond.

Anybody think this guy is telling the truth? Sounds to me like he got a little carried away and is trying anything to avoid paying for his actions. Cough medicine manufacturer had to come out with a statement saying, "There is no evidence to suggest that Coricidin is associated with violent behavior."

I think he's full of shit. Millions of people take cough medicine but don't go on to murder anyone. Unless he's the .000000000000000001 percent who's system is affected so drastically causing him to kill, he should go away for the rest of his life.

Another nice little twist...the news broadcast mentioned how he studied "missions and evangelism at a bible college." The lord works in mysterious ways indeed!

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2017, 01:59 PM
RE: Cold medicine murder in Raleigh, NC (my neck of the woods)
Coricidin doesn't make you violent, but enough of it will make you dance the robot.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
05-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Weak defense. I suppose it's desperation, since how the fuck else do you explain multiple stab wounds, if you're trying to avoid a murder charge? He's trying to say that it was unintentional but I mean... stab wounds? If it was a single gunshot wound you could maybe plead accidental discharge... This was the best line of bullshit he could come up with at short notice. He's a schmuck, and hopefully he's going down.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-09-2017, 02:23 PM
(05-09-2017 12:46 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  This just happened Thursday night of last week. First story here. Follow up here. I watched his first court appearance. He didn't say much. Next court date is Sept 25th. No bond.

Anybody think this guy is telling the truth? Sounds to me like he got a little carried away and is trying anything to avoid paying for his actions. Cough medicine manufacturer had to come out with a statement saying, "There is no evidence to suggest that Coricidin is associated with violent behavior."

I think he's full of shit. Millions of people take cough medicine but don't go on to murder anyone. Unless he's the .000000000000000001 percent who's system is affected so drastically causing him to kill, he should go away for the rest of his life.

Another nice little twist...the news broadcast mentioned how he studied "missions and evangelism at a bible college." The lord works in mysterious ways indeed!

About as convincing as the "twinkie defense"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinkie_defense
05-09-2017, 03:44 PM
A worse excuse than "I was cleaning my gun."

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
05-09-2017, 04:03 PM
I was watching this on WTVD, and my first thought was... Yeah, he was probably trying to cover his ass. This just sounds like he lost control and is blaming the medicine. Besides, Coricidin is usually for people with high blood pressure. Maybe he was already furious or pissed of constantly. I don't know. But Coricidin? I really don't think so.

I'm sure it was a toss-up between Coricidin and Satan.
05-09-2017, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 04:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-09-2017 02:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Weak defense. I suppose it's desperation, since how the fuck else do you explain multiple stab wounds, if you're trying to avoid a murder charge?

DMX is a disassociative like Angel Dust or Special K but more fucked up in sufficient dosages. But sufficient dosages usually mean guzzling an 8 oz bottle (or two, depending on if you happen to weigh what 2 men do). He could have a defense but I thought they took dextro out of the cough syrups when the kids found out? No?

#sigh
06-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Never heard of it, but I see that Coricidin is referred to as C's, Red Devils, Red D's, Skittles, Trips, or Triple C's in the US. And long-term recreational abuse of dextromethorphan (a cough suppressant) can result in psychosis, although only 5% of psychotics are violent.

I can see this guy getting the needle.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-09-2017, 11:57 AM
(06-09-2017 11:23 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Never heard of it, but I see that Coricidin is referred to as C's, Red Devils, Red D's, Skittles, Trips, or Triple C's in the US. And long-term recreational abuse of dextromethorphan (a cough suppressant) can result in psychosis, although only 5% of psychotics are violent.

I can see this guy getting the needle.

Except that the DP here is currently suspended pending tons of legal challenges. Maybe he'll get some love in prison though.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
06-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Twinkie defense redux?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user