Collaboration on Morality Video?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2017, 02:30 AM
Collaboration on Morality Video?
I'm not sure if this is where an invitation like this really belongs, but I couldn't find another sub-forum that seemed to fit more than this one, so I hope I can be forgiven if it's misplaced.

I've been itching to contribute a bit more to the atheist/secular movement than I currently do, because the more I learn, the more important it seems, and I think I have something more to offer. I'm not sure what that is, but this is me trying to find out.

I'd really like to make a YouTube video on morality, and I suspect that some of the highlights of my informal debate with Tomasia on this thread (particularly the initial post and my remarks on page 16), would be good raw material.

But there is one major obstacle. I have a mild-to-moderate speech impediment, and while it probably wouldn't be impossible for me to record myself speaking in a way that's reasonably comprehensible and fluent, I'm not confident that the time and effort it would take wouldn't be better spent on other aspects of the video, especially given my lack of quality recording equipment. Overall, I think it would be better for getting my message out if I asked someone else to do a recording of my script.

So if anyone with decent recording equipment (and preferably a clear, confident speaking voice) is interested in collaborating on a YouTube video tentatively titled "Why Theistic Morality is Actually More Subjective than Secular Morality" or "Why Presupposing God's Benevolence is a Trap," please let me know. Although I am prepared to handle everything but the spoken audio, you are welcome to collaborate on the script itself or even the visuals if you are so inclined.

Thanks!

The only sacred truth in science is that there are no sacred truths. – Carl Sagan
Sōla vēritās sancta in philosophiā nātūrālī est absentia vēritātum sanctārum.
Ἡ μόνη ἱερᾱ̀ ἀληθείᾱ ἐν φυσικῇ φιλοσοφίᾳ ἐστίν ἡ ἱερῶν ἀληθειῶν σπάνις.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Glossophile's post
19-06-2017, 04:08 AM
RE: Collaboration on Morality Video?
The voice you need is ghostexorcist.

Sample here

Blink

20-06-2017, 06:02 PM
I voiced some of my videos before, but I don't have good recording equipment. I just sat really close to my laptop. I'd say my performance for this video is not very good as I recorded everything at different times and didn't use the same voice. I didn't start using my "radio voice" until halfway through.

I'd love to help (schedule permitting), I just don't have the equipment you're looking for.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Nothing against ghostexorcist (haven't heard his voice, that I recall), but if you want "radio voice", Kernel Sohcahtoa is your man. My students asked if I was a DJ at many points in my teaching endeavors, but the Kernel beats me by many a heart throb. Thumbsup