Collecting holy books?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Collecting holy books?
For a few weeks I've been feeling like getting the qu'ran, book of mormon and all that kinda holy scripture bullcrap. I have no idea why. I just thought it would be good to read many holy books to be prepared if someone feels a sudden urge to throw their shit in my mouth, but before that I couldnt explain why I want to get holy books.Huh Of course I dont want my money to go for religious organizations, but I guess that wouldnt be bad when compared that I just bought cacao from a corporation known to buy their cacao from farms which use child labor (I would call it slavery), even though the company has signed an agreement that child labor is not to be used.
The mormons are actually offering a free finnish translation of the book of mormon (I had no idea they have already spreaded here)! You can also order a few mormons to visit you for free, you know what I'm sayin'...Wink

Do you have a collection of ''holy'' scriptures, or is it just me who wants to get some?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2010, 02:11 PM

RE: Collecting holy books?
Yes, I have the On the Origin of Species by Mean of Natural Selection on my bookshelf Tongue.
Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2010, 09:29 AM

I own every version of the Bible ever printed (including Greek and Hebrew), the writings of the early fathers in Greek and English, and a host of other nonsense. I'm not going to get rid of any of it. The best way to argue with a christian is to know exactly where they're coming from.
30-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Well, it's not exactly the same, but when I was younger I was quite interested in various mythologies and religions. I still have a bunch of books describing Greek, Egyptian, Norse myths, etc. Some of the more "exotic" ones were about ancient Chinese, Persian, or Aztec beliefs. I even planned to read entire bible and qur'an, but then I realized how pointless that hobby was.
30-08-2010, 02:43 PM

Sorry Mormons have metastastized to Finland. You can have my copy of the Mormon science fiction parable if you'd like. I haven't opened it since I was a kid.
31-08-2010, 08:24 AM
(30-08-2010 02:43 PM)dtwpuck Wrote:  Sorry Mormons have metastastized to Finland. You can have my copy of the Mormon science fiction parable if you'd like. I haven't opened it since I was a kid.

Got no cash for the posting costs (5-7 thousand kilometers), used all for school equipment.Sad

Anyone heard of Ruhnama or seen the ''shadow of the holy book'' document?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
03-09-2010, 11:34 PM

(31-08-2010 08:24 AM)Kikko Wrote:  
(30-08-2010 02:43 PM)dtwpuck Wrote:  Sorry Mormons have metastastized to Finland. You can have my copy of the Mormon science fiction parable if you'd like. I haven't opened it since I was a kid.

Got no cash for the posting costs (5-7 thousand kilometers), used all for school equipment.Sad

Anyone heard of Ruhnama or seen the ''shadow of the holy book'' document?

I think that most of the books you are looking for may be available in digital format on Google Books:

http://google.about.com/od/experimentalg...adbook.htm
27-10-2010, 03:52 AM

i havent got any collection but i ve read many holy books of other religions as well .
26-04-2011, 11:31 PM
I have a bible app (lol) with every version, the Tao te Ching, some Sanskrit (Buddhist), some Native legends, and somewhere in the basement are some tarot cards. I want to explore the Koran, but I don't necessarily want one. I think it is all incredibly exciting and rich with history.