College Application Stress . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 10:45 AM
College Application Stress . . .
A few weeks ago I submitted my application to my dream college and now I can't stop stressing out about it. I don't find out until April 1 if I get accepted and these next few months are going to be so stressful for me. All of my top colleges are pretty competitive to get into, and though I have good pretty decent stats, extracurriculars, and essays, I feel like it isn't good enough. I just can't wait for this all to be over with . . .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2013, 10:48 AM
RE: College Application Stress . . .
I hope you also applied for other alternative colleges.

Where are you hoping to go to?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
29-12-2013, 11:50 AM
(29-12-2013 10:48 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Where are you hoping to go to?

Rice is my first pick, then Emory, Georgia Tech, and Rhodes. I applied to Vanderbilt as well, but it just doesn't seem like a good fit for me. I have LSU as a back-up school, and I'm trying to find a few others.
29-12-2013, 12:39 PM
(29-12-2013 11:50 AM)southernbelle Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 10:48 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Where are you hoping to go to?

Rice is my first pick, then Emory, Georgia Tech, and Rhodes. I applied to Vanderbilt as well, but it just doesn't seem like a good fit for me. I have LSU as a back-up school, and I'm trying to find a few others.

Moody Bible Institute. That's where you should go.
Tongue
You could apply at Biola or Liberty University. They take everyone that applies. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Ah, that was me about 6 years ago!

The important thing is to realize that you're done. You've done the best you could do and you've completed everything on your end. It's no longer in your hands. Don't let the stress of that dictate your life for 4 months. Just know that it doesn't have to be on you anymore. You're done with at all! No more standardized tests or trying to boost your GPA.

I was able to take the stress off myself by doing that and I actually forgot about the whole thing until I got my acceptance letters in the mail. Great moment.

“The only reason people do not know much is because they do not care to know. They are incurious. Incuriousity is the oddest and most foolish failing there is.” -Stephen Fry
29-12-2013, 12:59 PM
What fat mac said. Just realise you've done your part and its just a waiting game now.

Find lots of things to occupy your time. Try not to think about it. ETc. Etc.
29-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Take the time off as a vacation, you'll wish you did later when you get into college

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
29-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Now it's time to good off. Go take unlocked locks from some lockers and put them on other lockers. Leave a bale of hay in the principal's office. Full the gym with confetti on a random day. Place fart jokes on the doors of teachers.