College Football

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2011, 09:40 AM
College Football
So, it looks like the BCS is coming under fire... again.

As it stands, it appears that NCG will be LSU/Bama II. Now, being from Baton Rouge, I don't mind an all SEC West NCG, but I don't think it's really fair for LSU to have to play Bama again. But, it's certainly looking like this is going to happen.

Things MIGHT (big might) change if OSU beats OU (which I don't think will happen). If that happens, OSU could jump Bama in the human polls simply because people don't want an LSU/Bama NCG. Also, even if OSU loses to OU, Stanford could jump Bama for the same reasons.

I don't know... this whole system is messed up.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2011, 10:01 AM
RE: College Football
Agreed

The most frustrating part, and the main reason I have stopped following college football, is the corruption and blatant disregard for the rules. Schools like Ohio State, Miami, USC, North Carolina, Auburn and damn near every other school are guilty of breaking NCAA rules and at most the NCAA slaps them with some minor punishment. If the NCAA can't enforce its rules, then what freaking good is it? There should be serious penalties for breaking the rules and I am so frustrated at the levels of corruption (players with agents like Cam Newton and an unfortunately large number of basketball players) that I simply don't want to watch it.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
01-12-2011, 10:05 AM
(01-12-2011 09:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know... this whole system is messed up.

I used to think, "If only they'd change such and such..."

The BCS is so messed up it's going to take more than just tweaking a few changes here and there. It's going to take setting up a whole new system, somewhere along the lines of a Tournament or using the Bowl games as playoffs leading to a National Championship. Since that isn't likely to happen, I might as well enjoy the annual controversy and vitriol being directed to the BCS! Cool

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Or maybe schools should do away with this bullshit.
How about no TV contracts?
No TV contracts, no big bucks.
No big bucks, no corruption.

Instead, create actual sports schools that don't pretend to be academic.
Then there is no pretense of amateurism or student-athlete, just honest business.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2011, 10:18 AM
(01-12-2011 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  Or maybe schools should do away with this bullshit.
How about no TV contracts?
No TV contracts, no big bucks.
No big bucks, no corruption.

Instead, create actual sports schools that don't pretend to be academic.
Then there is no pretense of amateurism or student-athlete, just honest business.

Actually not too terrible of an idea. Do you think PBS would be willing to broadcast the games so it could be free to watch?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-12-2011, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 10:21 AM by TheBeardedDude.)
@Chas
That is why baseball has a minor league and why the NBA has a D-league. We have amateur leagues, so use them!!!! Schools should be academic first and sports 4th or 5th (behind research, student health, etc). But schools and the NCAA don't want amateur leagues to gain popularity, because that means lost $$$$$.
And I am a huge sports nut. I played football in high school and I love sports but academics should always come first for schools (k-12 or university level)

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley