College Graduates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: College Graduates?
(16-06-2015 10:19 PM)Timj Wrote:  I am curious as to which class in college was the most difficult

All the classes I took were easy.

I didn't take any.

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-06-2015, 09:59 PM
(24-06-2015 09:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 10:19 PM)Timj Wrote:  I am curious as to which class in college was the most difficult

All the classes I took were easy.

I didn't take any.

Big Grin

I am beginning to wish I never took any either. I am neck deep in differential equations, linear algebra, etc... I just wonder how the hell these 17th - 19th century mathematicians came up with all this crap. A seemingly infinite amount of operations that I have to struggle to memorize for hours a day. I even dream about math each night. Oh the fun of engineering school!
24-06-2015, 10:13 PM
(24-06-2015 09:59 PM)Timj Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 09:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  All the classes I took were easy.

I didn't take any.

Big Grin

... differential equations, linear algebra, etc...

I used to enjoy that stuff.

But I'm wondering if I've misunderstood the education system wherever you are. I was doing that calculus stuff at maybe age 15 (i.e. pre-college). What are the college years in your country?

24-06-2015, 10:20 PM
(24-06-2015 10:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 09:59 PM)Timj Wrote:  ... differential equations, linear algebra, etc...

I used to enjoy that stuff.

But I'm wondering if I've misunderstood the education system wherever you are. I was doing that calculus stuff at maybe age 15 (i.e. pre-college). What are the college years in your country?

Differential equations and linear algebra are sophomore classes in college here in the United States. Only math, certain science majors and engineers take these classes. There are many, many different types of calculus classes ranging from the basics to very advanced classes only in graduate school.
[+] 1 user Likes Timj's post
24-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Math major: hardest thing for me was staying in school knowing I could learn more on my own...
I always told my friends that smart people majored in engineering and science...And smarter people avoided it...bc it's too much work...our own work is always better
25-06-2015, 04:11 AM
Interesting read this thread. Sadly I left school aged 8 and went to work in the bush. I wish I had the opportunity to go to high school and university. I always wanted to be a professor of history but it did not go that way.

Appreciate your education guys. I've been trying to catch up all my life.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-06-2015, 07:58 AM
Physical chemistry was the hardest for me, both thermodynamics and quantum mechanics.
25-06-2015, 08:20 AM
(25-06-2015 07:58 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  Physical chemistry was the hardest for me, both thermodynamics and quantum mechanics.

I loved physical chemistry - phase change, Helmholz Free Energy, chemical potential, ... Smile

I have a B.Sc. in maths and an MS in comp sci. Differential equations was the hardest for me; it seemed ad hoc and non-systematic.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2015, 01:38 PM
(25-06-2015 04:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Interesting read this thread. Sadly I left school aged 8 and went to work in the bush. I wish I had the opportunity to go to high school and university. I always wanted to be a professor of history but it did not go that way.

I couldn't afford to finish college, so I agree. Too many people take it for granted.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
25-06-2015, 01:42 PM
(25-06-2015 01:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 04:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Interesting read this thread. Sadly I left school aged 8 and went to work in the bush. I wish I had the opportunity to go to high school and university. I always wanted to be a professor of history but it did not go that way.

I couldn't afford to finish college, so I agree. Too many people take it for granted.

I finished college with two degrees plus a certificate and I have so many loans it's unreal! I am thinking of going back for a third degree-but dread the loan payments!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post