College Graduates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: College Graduates?
(25-06-2015 01:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  ...
I am thinking of going back for a third degree-but dread the loan payments!

Please be careful.

That third degree burns.

Undecided

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
25-06-2015, 03:36 PM
(25-06-2015 01:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I finished college with two degrees plus a certificate and I have so many loans it's unreal! I am thinking of going back for a third degree-but dread the loan payments!
I couldn't qualify for loans or any help. Which really sucked because I had perfect grades. I'd love to get a degree, but I guess not. Smile
25-06-2015, 03:42 PM
(25-06-2015 03:36 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 01:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I finished college with two degrees plus a certificate and I have so many loans it's unreal! I am thinking of going back for a third degree-but dread the loan payments!
I couldn't qualify for loans or any help. Which really sucked because I had perfect grades. I'd love to get a degree, but I guess not. Smile

Do you live in the U.S.? I was making fairly decent money and still qualified...but that was awhile ago--I don't know if things have changed?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-06-2015, 03:47 PM
(25-06-2015 03:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 03:36 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I couldn't qualify for loans or any help. Which really sucked because I had perfect grades. I'd love to get a degree, but I guess not. Smile

Do you live in the U.S.? I was making fairly decent money and still qualified...but that was awhile ago--I don't know if things have changed?

Here found this...

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-06-2015, 03:47 PM
(16-06-2015 10:19 PM)Timj Wrote:  I am curious as to which class in college was the most difficult for those of you whom graduated with a science, engineering, or mathematics degree. I am an engineering major and think most of them are difficult (but fun!) The fact that almost everything in nature can be formulated into a mathematical representation never ceases to amaze me.

sorry, can't help ya. I took the easy route, criminal justice and religious studies Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
25-06-2015, 03:48 PM
(25-06-2015 03:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Do you live in the U.S.? I was making fairly decent money and still qualified...but that was awhile ago--I don't know if things have changed?

Yep, live in the USA. When I tried, I couldn't get loans and only enough aid to cover part of books. Tried again a few years ago. But it's in the past anyway.
25-06-2015, 03:53 PM
(25-06-2015 03:48 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 03:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Do you live in the U.S.? I was making fairly decent money and still qualified...but that was awhile ago--I don't know if things have changed?

Yep, live in the USA. When I tried, I couldn't get loans and only enough aid to cover part of books. Tried again a few years ago. But it's in the past anyway.

That sucks. Maybe save up and take one course at a time or take a certificate program. My certificate program (which I took in between BA and Master's) had only 6 courses. You can usually take those courses and put them to a BA or Master's later on as well (as long as accredited, of course).

25-06-2015, 04:32 PM
(25-06-2015 03:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 03:36 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I couldn't qualify for loans or any help. Which really sucked because I had perfect grades. I'd love to get a degree, but I guess not. Smile

Financial aid for college is much different now. Congress has made it almost impossible to get help for college. I graduated with an A.A.S degree in the mid 2000's and it was quite easy to get aid. I applied for aid my last semester and received it. I started back to school last spring and was turned down for aid due to the 150% rule. The government now gives you 3 years to finish your degree (A.S.S). People who decide to go back to school for another degree are screwed. It does not matter if you have ever received aid before out not. I finally appealed the denial and was granted aid. I came from an upper middle class family and easily afforded college in the past, but definitely not now. I guess congress prefers to give more tax cuts to the 1%, instead of financial assistance for college. Big business and the rich must fear an educated population. I am sorry if my statements offends anyone, but our government here in the United States is completely corrupt. We now have the best government money can buy!
[+] 2 users Like Timj's post
25-06-2015, 06:27 PM
(25-06-2015 03:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ...
sorry, can't help ya. I took the easy route, criminal justice and religious studies Big Grin

There, you see? Poor career planning.

Had you taken Criminal Studies and Religious Justice, you coulda been Pope by now.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-06-2015, 06:35 PM
(25-06-2015 06:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 03:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ...

There, you see? Poor career planning.

Had you taken Criminal Studies and Religious Justice, you coulda been Pope by now.

Dodgy

He certainly would be much easier on the eyes than the one we got now Big Grin