College Graduates?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: College Graduates?
Aerospace Engineer here... I found Structures by far the hardest, mostly because of my instructor. He curved around a D rather than a C and insisted on only teaching theoretical bullshit that's not even used in industry. I'm pretty sure it's Industry knowledge that every aero from my school must suck at Structures. Beyond that, content-wise I found Materials Science pretty difficult as well.

I loved thermodynamics, compressible fluids/aerodynamics, ALL MATHS!!, chemistry.... oh and astronomy. Took that my last years in college and really found myself regretting I didn't pursue astrophysics. I guess I'm only 29 and I still have time to go back and learn about it, even if I can't really pursue the career.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
25-06-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: College Graduates?
(25-06-2015 06:51 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  Aerospace Engineer here... I found Structures by far the hardest, mostly because of my instructor. He curved around a D rather than a C and insisted on only teaching theoretical bullshit that's not even used in industry.

I had a Numerical Analysis instructor who was a recent immigrant commie Russkie bastard who did this same thing. When I complained to him about this he said, "In Russia the purpose of our universities is to identify the most talented and gifted students." I responded "Here the purpose of our universities is to educate the populace to be productive members of society. Comrade." When I complained to the department chair his grading curve immediately changed. Fucking commie bastard.

(25-06-2015 06:51 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  I loved thermodynamics, compressible fluids/aerodynamics, ALL MATHS!!, chemistry.... oh and astronomy. Took that my last years in college and really found myself regretting I didn't pursue astrophysics. I guess I'm only 29 and I still have time to go back and learn about it, even if I can't really pursue the career.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post