College/Progress

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2016, 08:10 PM
College/Progress
I really haven't been around a lot lately. Sorry about that, guys. My mind has been on all sorts of things. Also, these last couple of weeks, I've been busy adjusting to college.

I don't know if anyone else here is in college, but if so, I wish you well. So far, things have been going well. I'm getting along with people and making friends. People seem to enjoy having me around. I feel like I can be open about who I am to friends. I also have a lot of support from staff. The staff members have been super friendly. I'm a bit nervous about college, but I have a lot of support which is really comforting. It's so nice to walk around campus and see someone I've met earlier. It'll happen multiple times in a day. It's nice to feel like I belong and to know that there are people who have stuff in common with me. Of course, I've talked to people online, but seeing people in person is so amazing. I feel like I'm dreaming at times. It's nice to get to interact with other LGBT people. I can talk about my orientation and gender identity without being afraid of being judged or scolded at. I really like being accepted and loved for who I am without trying to hide.

For years, I've been hiding who I am from everyone. Of course, I don't have to go about telling everyone everything about me. I don't do that. However, it's not fun to feel like I have to put on a mask with friends. That's what I had to do years ago and at my former school. Now, I feel like I can be myself without fear. I can be honest about my religious views (or lack thereof), gender identity, and orientation.

I'm glad I can move on. I'm not perfect. I still panic inside if anyone mentions my old religion or if something reminds me of it (even the year 1844 makes me freeze up for a little). It'll take time for sure. I have plenty of people around who make me really happy. In the past, I was told that things would get better and they were right.

☆☆☆
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 24 users Like CosmicRaven's post
26-08-2016, 08:19 PM
RE: College/Progress
I'm so happy for you. Hug

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
26-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Good to see you here again, and it's great things are going so well for you at school. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-08-2016, 08:38 PM
That's awesome Smile

You need to to stick to the city when you're done with college. Don't even think about living some place rural.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
26-08-2016, 09:00 PM
So glad to see you are doing well! I was kind of wondering where you had gone, but now I see. Have a great time in college. All kinds of eye-opening things! I wish you well. Come back often, and don't be a stranger. You're good people! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
27-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Good onya mate! [Image: 6280.gif]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-08-2016, 10:37 AM
[Image: blackmage.gif]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
27-08-2016, 11:20 AM
(26-08-2016 08:10 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  In the past, I was told that things would get better and they were right.

Told ya! Drinking Beverage

Okay so maybe I didn't Tongue but I'm glad iz all good, now! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
27-08-2016, 11:31 AM
(27-08-2016 10:37 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  [Image: blackmage.gif]

I love black mages. Heart

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
27-08-2016, 05:31 PM
(26-08-2016 08:10 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I can talk about my orientation and gender identity without being afraid of being judged or scolded at. I really like being accepted and loved for who I am without trying to hide.

It's things like this that I think of when I hear John Lennon's song, "Imagine".

I'm not saying an atheistic world would be free of prejudices... but the particular ones under which so many presently suffer, associated with religion, need to go.

I'm glad to hear life is going better for you, and I hope we continue to be a place you can be yourself. We wish all the best for you. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post