College Talk vs. “Girl Talk” at a Texas Elementary School

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 03:47 PM
College Talk vs. “Girl Talk” at a Texas Elementary School
I saw this article today on slate, so of course I'm fuming. What year is this???????

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/201...girls.html

[Image: 46IZ65D.jpg]

Can we have too much confidence? Dodgy I can't even imagine what kind of crap is going to be in these classes. Those poor girls No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
22-09-2015, 04:05 PM
RE: College Talk vs. “Girl Talk” at a Texas Elementary School
Holy crap, is that for real?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-09-2015, 04:09 PM
(22-09-2015 04:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Holy crap, is that for real?

Yes, for real. I know, it's SO dumb it's hard to believe anyone would think this is a good idea Facepalm

I really hope the parents who are upset about this are able to get it changed so that the classes don't get separated.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
22-09-2015, 04:12 PM
In one of the articles linked in the Slate article it does say that the course schedule has been revised to show that the girls class will also focus on college and career talk, but that doesn't fix the problem. Why separate the classes if you don't plan on forcing gender stereotypes on these kids?

22-09-2015, 04:45 PM
I don't see how this could fly in a public school. But then again I never plan to step foot in Texas.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
22-09-2015, 05:08 PM
(22-09-2015 04:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I don't see how this could fly in a public school. But then again I never plan to step foot in Texas.

There's the problem, right there....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Unsure

Blink

Shocking

Facepalm

the stupid...it burns..

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
23-09-2015, 02:10 AM
(22-09-2015 03:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I saw this article today on slate, so of course I'm fuming. What year is this???????

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/201...girls.html

[Image: 46IZ65D.jpg]

Can we have too much confidence? Dodgy I can't even imagine what kind of crap is going to be in these classes. Those poor girls No

This is really stupid , obviously it should be :

5th Grade Girls - More Girl talk ! We will be discussing COOKING. How do we make a good sandwich.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
23-09-2015, 02:45 AM
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-09-2015, 02:50 AM
How do people come up with such crap?

Little boys must learn about careers, salaries and living expenses and not about confidence and friendships 'cos they should know about those things anyway and anyway, who needs friends on the corporate ladder? Little girls shouldn't be filling their pretty heads with big ideas Rolleyes They should instead focus on being warm and caring so that when they find the right man they can look after him properly.

I mean, fuck, it's like it's 1950 all over again.

Fuck these guys Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post