College sucks!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: College sucks!
(09-05-2016 09:23 PM)Tamiptump Wrote:  Every time I want to get up and go tackle this dream, it all boils down to "NO YOU CAN'T. GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE, SIT ON YOUR FUCKING COUCH, AND CONTINUE BEING THE FUCKING LOSER YOU ARE! YOU'RE PATHETIC YOU LITTLE FUCKING INFIDEL!" That's how college admissions make someone like me feel. Make one mistake at the most immature and pretentious age and you are deemed forever a pathetic, incompetent, loser who is unwelcome on any of their campuses for as long as you live. That's basically it. Or at least that's how it feels.

I give up. I'll stay in my shitty CC and get a god damn associates certification like the loser I am. Maybe I'll just pull out of college and become a Walmart associate. The college system just doesn't want you anymore after you've messed up and you're too old. They put up every barrier they can find to people like me.

So you're choosing french fries. Well, okay. It's your call.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
09-05-2016, 09:34 PM
(09-05-2016 09:23 PM)Tamiptump Wrote:  Every time I want to get up and go tackle this dream, it all boils down to "NO YOU CAN'T. GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE, SIT ON YOUR FUCKING COUCH, AND CONTINUE BEING THE FUCKING LOSER YOU ARE! YOU'RE PATHETIC YOU LITTLE FUCKING INFIDEL!" That's how college admissions make someone like me feel. Make one mistake at the most immature and pretentious age and you are deemed forever a pathetic, incompetent, loser who is unwelcome on any of their campuses for as long as you live. That's basically it. Or at least that's how it feels.

I give up. I'll stay in my shitty CC and get a god damn associates certification like the loser I am. Maybe I'll just pull out of college and become a Walmart associate. The college system just doesn't want you anymore after you've messed up and you're too old. They put up every barrier they can find to people like me.

Attitude and attempt is everything. You never know until you try. Read my previous post. And then get your ass in gear, once you have figured out what you really want. You might find along the way that your goal has changed, but get your butt in gear, anyway! Don't give up, just get it in gear, dammit!

Truth is, a degree proves your ability to understand things, to a certain level. Prove to us what you can understand, by getting the degree you think you want, and quitcherbeefin until then.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-05-2016, 09:57 PM
I just want to give up the project altogether. I'm not going to a university unless its the one I want to go to, plain and simple. Call me a hateful, whiny little bitch all you want. Tell me my attitude sucks all you want. It's just a waste of my time and money to do otherwise. I won't feel accomplished or good about myself with a degree from one of those lesser schools. I see them as a relegation and not an accomplishment. They confirm my incompetence because it means I was unable to go to a good school. A degree from them is nothing to brag about. Any half-wit idiot could flunk out like I did, take ten years, and get a bachelor's degree from a two-bit school like Tennessee State University. A degree from one of those schools after this amount of time doesn't even measure up to the very least one should be expected to accomplish. That's just my honest opinion. I don't mean to disrespect anyone on here or be offensive. That's just how my mind looks at it.
09-05-2016, 10:04 PM
(09-05-2016 09:57 PM)Tamiptump Wrote:  A degree from them is nothing to brag about.

I could teach you how to skin a rabbit really fast. That's also fun to brag about.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
09-05-2016, 10:08 PM
(09-05-2016 09:57 PM)Tamiptump Wrote:  I just want to give up the project altogether. I'm not going to a university unless its the one I want to go to, plain and simple. Call me a hateful, whiny little bitch all you want. Tell me my attitude sucks all you want. It's just a waste of my time and money to do otherwise. I won't feel accomplished or good about myself with a degree from one of those lesser schools. I see them as a relegation and not an accomplishment. They confirm my incompetence because it means I was unable to go to a good school. A degree from them is nothing to brag about. Any half-wit idiot could flunk out like I did, take ten years, and get a bachelor's degree from a two-bit school like Tennessee State University. A degree from one of those schools after this amount of time doesn't even measure up to the very least one should be expected to accomplish. That's just my honest opinion. I don't mean to disrespect anyone on here or be offensive. That's just how my mind looks at it.

No, that's totally cool. I get it.

I'll design airplanes with my two-bit education, and you can deliver the pizza for my team's office parties. There's a role for everyone in this world. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
09-05-2016, 10:44 PM
And with that I'm assuming this thread is officially dead. Whomever gets to it first can feel free to delete or lock it. Thanks!
09-05-2016, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 10:56 PM by Nurse.)
My first dad was a Vandy grad. Afterwards they were broke as fuck and then he died. Then mom was even more broke.

I wanted to go to Vandy, however I had paid in state tuition for any Alabama state school. Thus I went to Auburn. I graduated from UAH. My parents told me if I wanted a Vanderbilt education I could pay for it myself in graduate school. As hurt as I was as a teen, they were right. I didn't have a scholarship there and they weren't absurdly wealthy.

My (step)dad went to UAH for his bachelors and masters. As a military contractor he is topped out in his pay - getting a PhD wouldn't give him a raise. It wouldn't matter if he went to fucking Harvard.

Instead of attending school there, I *worked* for Vanderbilt - loved it. My resumé is fucking awesome as a result and I can write my ticket anywhere. No one gives a damn where I went to college, they care about my experience. My ex boyfriend took some of his classes at Tennessee State to finish up his bachelors. He got his ASN at a tiny community college in Kentucky. In another year or two he can apply to any CRNA program in the country and be accepted (actually, he could apply today). I could, as well. And it doesn't really matter that I went to a state school. The only reason I'm not currently in grad school is because of my son and the divorce.

I'm glad I currently have $5000 in student loan debt and not $125000. At the end of the day, I get paid the same as Belmont grads who paid out the ass for their BSN.

If you mentioned your major, I missed it. But if it's engineering like someone else mentioned I would *seriously* recommend UAH over somewhere like Duke or paying for William and Mary. It's a tough school with a great reputation and not very expensive. And you're only an hour and a half from Nashville. If you're wary about heading farther south, think of Huntsville is to Alabama as what Austin is to Texas.

And don't knock UT because they have stupid football fans. Not all of their fans actually went to school there...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
09-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Oh. And my step dad was a Walmart employee who went back to school at 34. I never go into detail about what he does for a living because he's published and, well, what he does is a big deal.

I'm soooooo proud of him.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
09-05-2016, 11:17 PM
(09-05-2016 10:44 PM)Tamiptump Wrote:  And with that I'm assuming this thread is officially dead. Whomever gets to it first can feel free to delete or lock it. Thanks!

You are not being realistic nor open-minded about any of this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-05-2016, 11:37 PM
(09-05-2016 10:52 PM)Nurse Wrote:  No one gives a damn where I went to college, they care about my experience. My

I have explained this at least five times now. I don't care about what job it will get me, or whether or not the degrees amount to the same thing in the job world. I don't give a damn about that. I'm going for the experience of a prestigious school, the world-class education, and purely for the satisfaction of knowing that I did it. I don't give a damn if anyone thinks those are bad reasons. If my purpose was just to get a degree to qualify for some job, I'd stay at home and do a god damn online degree or something. It's the experience and education of a top school that I want FIRST AND FOREMOST. I'm not doing college for the purpose of getting a degree to get a job. Call me an asshole with a shitty attitude. Whatever. I AM an asshole with a shitty attitude!

Quote:And don't knock UT because they have stupid football fans. Not all of their fans actually went to school there...

Exactly! The only people who care about schools like UT are fat, beer-gutted, old southern men who have nothing to do with the college, have confederate flags in their front yards and probably don't even know that UT is a school. I want to go somewhere that is synonymous with being smart, worldly, and world-class in education. Saying you went to UT is like saying "I'm a mediocre student who scraped by in high school and decided at the last minute to go to college." That's how I view it anyway. It is run-of-the-mill at best, and I am looking for more than that. I want to go to a school that will get me into top grad schools and perhaps get into scientific research or something of the sort.

Once again, I'm going to play Sam Harris here. Please don't conflate what I'm saying. I'm sure these schools I am dissing here are perfectly good schools. I'm sure the education is fine. But they're not top-tier. They are not what I'm looking for. End of story.

My siblings and cousins all went to top schools. My brother went to Duke, my sister went to Emory, and my cousins went to Vandy and Yale. I, on the other hand, failed out of the nearest shitty state university from our house, and that school only conditionally admitted me in the first place. How pathetic is that?
Thread Closed