College teaches defamatory allegations about atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
College teaches defamatory allegations about atheists
It took me a while to think of a title for this thread. Anti-atheist bigotry in College was a close second.

I've always known education in Ireland was terribly one-sided, but take a look at these questions from a demo RE exam for a teaching diploma at Hibernia college. This is beyond one-sided. This is just... ARGH!

Quote:"Atheist humanism has produced the worst horrors history has ever witnessed. True of False."
The correct answer is true.

Quote:Which statement is false:
1. Hinduism is a positive force for change in society.
2. Atheism has had, historically speaking, a negative effect in society.
3. Islam is based on the identity of Religion and Society.

The correct answer is, believe it or not, 1.

And some actual quotes from the course notes:
Quote:What bothers very few of its latter-day exponents is the fact that atheist humanism produced the worst horrors history has ever witnessed, namely Nazism, Fascism and Marxism, the latter alone responsible for some 100 million lives.

Quote:“Atheism seems to be fashionable in Ireland at present. It is seen as rational, progressive and compassionate. But above all, it is ‘in’, not to mention convenient, since as Dostoyevski said in 19th century Russia, where it was likewise ‘in’, that if there is no God then anything can be justified.

Thankfully, Atheist-Ireland are aware of this and they are not staying quiet about it. If my outrage has caught your interest, there is more information here

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Smooshmonster's post
04-03-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: College teaches defamatory allegations about atheists
[Image: aQSx1.gif]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
04-03-2012, 04:41 PM
(04-03-2012 04:16 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  But above all, it is ‘in’, not to mention convenient,

... yup that's true... it certainly IS both = in-convenient

I'm stunned!

I wonder whether this test was written by committee or by one pathetic priest; whether conspiracy or cock-up.
I wonder at the level of cognitive dissonance: whether they know it's BS and have real fear that "truth will out" or they earnestly believe it to be true having been indoctrinated by this kinda BS since birth.

Yeuch!

The good news is the growth of awareness and resistance to this kinda stuff in Ireland.

Thanks for the post.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-03-2012, 07:31 PM
An atheist is stopped at a checkpoint in Northern Ireland and the guard asks him is he Catholic or Protestant? He says, Atheist. The guard then asks, “Catholic Atheist or Protestant Atheist?”

I heard Christopher Hitchens tell this joke.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
05-03-2012, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 04:47 AM by Smooshmonster.)
(04-03-2012 07:31 PM)Thomas Wrote:  An atheist is stopped at a checkpoint in Northern Ireland and the guard asks him is he Catholic or Protestant? He says, Atheist. The guard then asks, “Catholic Atheist or Protestant Atheist?”

I heard Christopher Hitchens tell this joke.

Yeah I've heard him tell it in one of the many youtube videos. When I was a kid, they told that joke with "jew" instead of "atheist". I guess that's a sign that times are changing. They didn't want to admit that atheists exist back then Tongue

(04-03-2012 04:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I wonder at the level of cognitive dissonance: whether they know it's BS and have real fear that "truth will out" or they earnestly believe it to be true having been indoctrinated by this kinda BS since birth.

I've heard this so many times from so many people that I am starting to think they really believe it. It is just lack of proper knowledge of history combined with the indoctrination. Pinning fascism especially on humanists just shows how ignorant they are.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor