Colorado Springs shooter ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2015, 07:36 AM
RE: Colorado Springs shooter ...
(27-11-2015 07:47 PM)I Am Wrote:  Suspect, attacker, shooter, gunman... The Denver Post uses all these adjectives, but never "terrorist." Why?

Am I cynical for suspecting that the suspect-attacker-shooter-gunman is neither brown nor Muslim, and thus is not a terrorist?

From the FBI

Quote:"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
  1. Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
  2. Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
  3. Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S

Sounds like a terrorist to me, especially if his motives were actually about abortion and what not.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
28-11-2015, 10:36 AM
El Paso County Colorado [which includes Colorado Springs] is one of the most religiously extreme places in the world. Kevin Swanson, whom you all met at the Republican meeting where he told you to drown your kids if they read Harry Potter, lives and preaches from Elizabeth, Colorado just north of the Springs. Ted Haggard preached to his congregation of 14,000 in Colorado Springs until he got into a gay sex scandal. [He is still preaching and I ran into him in a restaurant a few weeks ago. He has a congregation of a couple thousand and it's growing.] Focus on the Family [or, as my wife calls it, "Fuck Us in the Fanny"] is headquartered here and they employ several thousand good Christians.

You cannot drive down Centennial Blvd. past Planned Parenthood without seeing lots of abortion protesters and they protest 365 days a year rain or shine. My wife and I drive by them often to get to a number of stores that we favor. [I wave to them and that pisses my wife off.] A few years ago Planned parenthood had two centers, one on the east side of town and one on the west side. They built a new building on Centennial [west side] and closed the office on the east side. It was a consolidation but some Christian group claimed that they forced the closing of the east side office. They bought billboards saying, "One down, one to go." Eventually, the billboards disappeared.

We have a few liberals in the Springs. [The city is about 450,000 so we do have a mix.] My wife and I aren't the only ones but, for the most part, we leave the religious conservatives alone. There are churches all over the fucking place. You can be sure that there will be people blaming Planned Parenthood for this whether or not Planned Parenthood was Dean's intended target.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
28-11-2015, 10:56 AM
(28-11-2015 10:36 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  El Paso County Colorado [which includes Colorado Springs] is one of the most religiously extreme places in the world. Kevin Swanson, whom you all met at the Republican meeting where he told you to drown your kids if they read Harry Potter, lives and preaches from Elizabeth, Colorado just north of the Springs. Ted Haggard preached to his congregation of 14,000 in Colorado Springs until he got into a gay sex scandal. [He is still preaching and I ran into him in a restaurant a few weeks ago. He has a congregation of a couple thousand and it's growing.] Focus on the Family [or, as my wife calls it, "Fuck Us in the Fanny"] is headquartered here and they employ several thousand good Christians.

You cannot drive down Centennial Blvd. past Planned Parenthood without seeing lots of abortion protesters and they protest 365 days a year rain or shine. My wife and I drive by them often to get to a number of stores that we favor. [I wave to them and that pisses my wife off.] A few years ago Planned parenthood had two centers, one on the east side of town and one on the west side. They built a new building on Centennial [west side] and closed the office on the east side. It was a consolidation but some Christian group claimed that they forced the closing of the east side office. They bought billboards saying, "One down, one to go." Eventually, the billboards disappeared.

We have a few liberals in the Springs. [The city is about 450,000 so we do have a mix.] My wife and I aren't the only ones but, for the most part, we leave the religious conservatives alone. There are churches all over the fucking place. You can be sure that there will be people blaming Planned Parenthood for this whether or not Planned Parenthood was Dean's intended target.

Off topic - I love your wife...I laughed out loud.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Religious terrorism.

I wonder how many Christians will see this for what it is? Precious few is my guess.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-11-2015, 11:37 AM
"He's not a REAL xtian"...... Thr battlecry of whackadoodles everywhere.....

I guess they're REAL xtians if they don't get caught......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Being so pro-life that you decide to murder several people to prove how wrong it is to murder Dodgy

And all those on the far right crying about refugees that might kill us if they get in, have no problem with home grown terrorists killing us.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...m=facebook

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 8 users Like Smercury44's post
28-11-2015, 12:05 PM
(28-11-2015 11:48 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  And all those on the far right crying about refugees that might kill us if they get in, have no problem with home grown terrorists killing us.

I was originally going to post, clearly the act of one of those refugees we allowed in, in order to make this point. There's even a couple here who are against accepting refugees for fear of terrorists. Wonder what they think of this?

Paging Lord Dark Helmet, Lord Dark Helmet report to this thread ASAP.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-11-2015, 12:51 PM
I realise that there are sad indoctrinated idiots in that country but isn't there some gun-jumping going on here with this speculation regarding motive?

Isn't it just as likely that some drunk and deranged guy was trying to stop his girlfriend from seeking guidance about an abortion and started waving his gun around and then someone over-reacted, things escalated etc. etc.

If it's cock-up vs. conspiracy ... cock-up wins every time.

Dodgy

28-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Ewwww. I'd hate to see the mutant that guy knocked up.........

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-11-2015, 12:56 PM
(28-11-2015 12:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Isn't it just as likely that some drunk and deranged guy was trying to stop his girlfriend from seeking guidance about an abortion and started waving his gun around and then someone over-reacted, things escalated etc. etc.

If it's cock-up vs. conspiracy ... cock-up wins every time.

Entirely possible.
[Image: drunk_1.jpg]

#sigh