Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: Colorado Springs shooter ...
(28-11-2015 03:21 PM)izel Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 03:15 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Both actually lol

I'm getting better at this, that is exactly what I thought Smartass

[Image: A__400x400.png]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-11-2015, 03:57 PM
(28-11-2015 11:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "He's not a REAL xtian"...... Thr battlecry of whackadoodles everywhere.....

I guess they're REAL xtians if they don't get caught......

No real™ Christians only wish someone would shoot up a planned parenthood. Then they claim surprise when one of their own takes them up on it, and denounce his Christian-hood-dom.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Same old America.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Twitter feeds show people offering "prayers". Obviously, in these circumstances, we are helpless to act and it is a standard way to show solidarity with the effected communities and individuals. It brings comfort to those who believe. Even with this in mind I end up asking the same question every time. Why prayers? In this case it is likely prayers would have been one of the "tools" used by the terrorist to commit these acts. The voice of God encouraging his work. How does any religious adherent reconcile this scenario (that the killer prayed to the same God, those prayers were "heard" and violence was still allowed) with a loving God? If anything this should raise doubt in any considerate believer.
[+] 1 user Likes Saltyandthepretz's post
28-11-2015, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 08:47 PM by Full Circle.)
(28-11-2015 03:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No real™ Christians only wish someone would shoot up a planned parenthood. Then they claim surprise when one of their own takes them up on it, and denounce his Christian-hood-dom.

[Image: ProLifeIrony.jpg]

ps “COLORADO SPRINGS — The gunman suspected of storming a Planned Parenthood clinic and killing a police officer and two others used the phrase “no more baby parts’’ to explain his act, according to a law enforcement official, a comment sure to further inflame the heated rhetoric surrounding abortion.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...story.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
29-11-2015, 05:43 AM
(28-11-2015 02:48 PM)izel Wrote:  Had to Google planned parenthood to have an idea what this was about, after seeing plenty of people talking about it all over.
[Image: enhanced-23175-1448681307-1.jpg]

What makes these idiots any less extremists than the highly hated Islamic State? Being an American? or Christian?

As I said upthread, this is religious terrorism.
29-11-2015, 05:46 AM
(28-11-2015 05:10 PM)Saltyandthepretz Wrote:  Twitter feeds show people offering "prayers". Obviously, in these circumstances, we are helpless to act and it is a standard way to show solidarity with the effected communities and individuals. It brings comfort to those who believe. Even with this in mind I end up asking the same question every time. Why prayers? In this case it is likely prayers would have been one of the "tools" used by the terrorist to commit these acts. The voice of God encouraging his work. How does any religious adherent reconcile this scenario (that the killer prayed to the same God, those prayers were "heard" and violence was still allowed) with a loving God? If anything this should raise doubt in any considerate believer.

It's a goddamned shame they can't pray for their fellow believers to work for nonviolent change if it's change they must have.

Not that I think prayer would work, mind you, but it's much less harmful that a Christian with a gun and an agenda.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
29-11-2015, 07:20 AM
(29-11-2015 05:46 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 05:10 PM)Saltyandthepretz Wrote:  Twitter feeds show people offering "prayers". Obviously, in these circumstances, we are helpless to act and it is a standard way to show solidarity with the effected communities and individuals. It brings comfort to those who believe. Even with this in mind I end up asking the same question every time. Why prayers? In this case it is likely prayers would have been one of the "tools" used by the terrorist to commit these acts. The voice of God encouraging his work. How does any religious adherent reconcile this scenario (that the killer prayed to the same God, those prayers were "heard" and violence was still allowed) with a loving God? If anything this should raise doubt in any considerate believer.

It's a goddamned shame they can't pray for their fellow believers to work for nonviolent change if it's change they must have.

Not that I think prayer would work, mind you, but it's much less harmful that a Christian with a gun and an agenda.

I predict that this shooter will be found to be mentally ill is some way, and I wouldn't dispute that. However, mental illness will be what is used to remove Christian motives as the prime reason for his actions.

When it's a religion other than Christianity at the core...it's terrorism. When it's Christianity it becomes mental illness.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-11-2015, 03:35 PM
(28-11-2015 02:57 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-11-2015 02:48 PM)izel Wrote:  Had to Google planned parenthood to have an idea what this was about, after seeing plenty of people talking about it all over.
[Image: enhanced-23175-1448681307-1.jpg]

What makes these idiots any less extremists than the highly hated Islamic State? Being an American? or Christian?

How can so much stupid exist in one photo?

It's easy and there is so much precedent.

[Image: bush-cheney%5B1%5D.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 7 users Like Minimalist's post
29-11-2015, 06:24 PM
(29-11-2015 07:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 05:46 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It's a goddamned shame they can't pray for their fellow believers to work for nonviolent change if it's change they must have.

I predict that this shooter will be found to be mentally ill is some way, and I wouldn't dispute that. However, mental illness will be what is used to remove Christian motives as the prime reason for his actions.

When it's a religion other than Christianity at the core...it's terrorism. When it's Christianity it becomes mental illness.

Q: What is the difference between religious terrorism and mental illness? Consider

Nothing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post