Colorado Springs shooter ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Colorado Springs shooter ...
(29-11-2015 06:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 07:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I predict that this shooter will be found to be mentally ill is some way, and I wouldn't dispute that. However, mental illness will be what is used to remove Christian motives as the prime reason for his actions.

When it's a religion other than Christianity at the core...it's terrorism. When it's Christianity it becomes mental illness.

Q: What is the difference between religious terrorism and mental illness? Consider

Nothing. Drinking Beverage

Agreed...but that's not the way the media spins it. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2015, 08:02 PM
(27-11-2015 06:56 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I can't believe this kind of thing is possible in Colorado. I'm mean they banned all high capacity magazines right. How could this happen?

Rev was right. This is pretty much all you do.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
29-11-2015, 08:29 PM
(27-11-2015 06:56 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I can't believe this kind of thing is possible in Colorado. I'm mean they banned all high capacity magazines right. How could this happen?

So I guess you were a bit off. It was within two weeks, but:
KUSA's thread on Muslim Terrorists
You were worried about those deadly muslim refugees, when the threat was a white, christian guy from the good ol' USA.

(19-11-2015 10:06 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Muslim children wear bomb jackets too.
I look forward to reading your posts regarding the white, christian terrorists armed with legally purchased assault rifles. Will you name them as a more dire threat than the refugees you fear so greatly?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
29-11-2015, 09:25 PM
I agree with Anjele that the media will probably end up focusing on mental illness. And over on Fox they will probably throw some no true scotsman into the mix... Here's an example from O'Reilly after the Breivik terror attacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6lOP_BfLg

(29-11-2015 06:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Q: What is the difference between religious terrorism and mental illness? Consider

Based on the thread we had on religion and delusion: It depends.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ion?page=3
29-11-2015, 09:39 PM
(29-11-2015 09:25 PM)Gaest Wrote:  I agree with Anjele that the media will probably end up focusing on mental illness. And over on Fox they will probably throw some no true scotsman into the mix... Here's an example from O'Reilly after the Breivik terror attacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6lOP_BfLg

(29-11-2015 06:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Q: What is the difference between religious terrorism and mental illness? Consider

Depends on what? This is terrorism and its motivation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2015, 10:03 PM
So he's reported as having said things, during his arrest, about "baby parts". What if that is true, and in fact the pro-life crazies and their fake *baby parts* videos fueled his rampage ? They will have to take some of the blame.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-11-2015, 01:08 AM
(29-11-2015 09:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 09:25 PM)Gaest Wrote:  I agree with Anjele that the media will probably end up focusing on mental illness. And over on Fox they will probably throw some no true scotsman into the mix... Here's an example from O'Reilly after the Breivik terror attacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6lOP_BfLg

Depends on what? This is terrorism and its motivation.

I agree that this is religiously motivated terrorism, but my point was just that religious terrorism is not necessarily connected with mental illness - let alone equal to mental illness.
30-11-2015, 02:40 AM
(30-11-2015 01:08 AM)Gaest Wrote:  
(29-11-2015 09:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Depends on what? This is terrorism and its motivation.

I agree that this is religiously motivated terrorism, but my point was just that religious terrorism is not necessarily connected with mental illness - let alone equal to mental illness.

Clinically you are likely correct. However, many at TTA forum equate religion with madness.

GO ISIS!!! Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-11-2015, 03:41 AM
(29-11-2015 07:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  When it's Christianity it becomes mental illness.

Indeed. It's no different than denying the existence of domestic terrorists. "He's a white American -- that was a rampage, not a terrorist attack."
30-11-2015, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2015 04:56 AM by EvolutionKills.)

If it were a Venn diagram, 'religious terrorism' would be a circle that overlapped with 'mental illness', but the two are not synonymous. Those with clinical depression are not necessarily terrorists, and not every radical believer who advocates political change through violence is suffering from a mental disorder; although you can argue that they all suffer from ignorance and the limits it imposes. Unless of course you want to reclassify 'ignorance' as a mental disorder, in which case the circle of 'terrorism' would fall entirely within the circle of 'mental illness', but even then it still would not be synonymous.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post