Colored people's time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2016, 09:29 AM
RE: Colored people's time
I think anyone picking on Hillary or Bernie have their heads up their asses, especially with this considering Trump not even trying to be funny about Mexicans or Muslims, and Ted having gay bashers introduce him. This is hardly newsworthy.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
13-04-2016, 09:36 AM
Edit: that was awkward.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
13-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Much ado about nothing really. We have Irish time.... we are known for being late. I'll probably be late for me own funeral.

[Image: fpFgvR8.jpg]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
13-04-2016, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2016 02:05 PM by DLJ.)
(13-04-2016 10:17 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Much ado about nothing really. We have Irish time.... we are known for being late. I'll probably be late for me own funeral.

I've often wondered ... why is it called a wake?

You are certainly not awake when you're the guest of honour and given the drinking that goes on, very few attendees are awake by the end of it.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-04-2016, 10:29 AM
sliding them off the back of the boat into the wake?
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
13-04-2016, 10:44 AM
(13-04-2016 10:17 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Much ado about nothing really. We have Irish time.... we are known for being late. I'll probably be late for me own funeral.

As I said in an earlier post, it's one thing if a culture uses it upon itself as a joke. It's different and obviously racist if one group (whites) uses it to disparage another group (blacks) to further the stereotype they are lazy good-for-nothings.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
13-04-2016, 11:26 AM
CT could also mean Cuban Time. Here in South Florida when you send an invitation you have to specify American Time or Cuban Time, if not you’re dinner that is ready to serve at 7:00 PM won’t be eaten until 10:00 PM.

[Image: b5764a91a030352a654775e033cf23b5.jpg]

Translation: Yes, I’ve left, I’m on my way..damn it!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
13-04-2016, 11:29 AM
(13-04-2016 10:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

I've often wondered ... why is called a wake?

You are certainly not awake when you're the guest of honour and given the drinking that goes on, very few attendees are awake by the end of it.

Consider

True. The worst hangovers I've ever had were after funerals. I was barely awake at my fathers funeral, and managed to read the wrong "reading" at the mass. Nobody noticed except the priest as most people were hungover.Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
13-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Religious people time needs to be a thing. To properly follow it, you go by normal time but have to pretend the previous day never happened.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-04-2016, 11:41 AM
(13-04-2016 10:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

As I said in an earlier post, it's one thing if a culture uses it upon itself as a joke. It's different and obviously racist if one group (whites) uses it to disparage another group (blacks) to further the stereotype they are lazy good-for-nothings.

I know what you mean....you can substitute the word whites with English and the word blacks with Irish. I had to listen to some stupid "thick paddy" jokes from some idiot Brits in the old days. I never let it bother me, and anyway, we usually had the last laugh.