Combinated religions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: Combinated religions
That's all he's got, michael. And I mean ALL.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 11:30 PM
(08-02-2014 10:06 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 08:19 PM)donotwant Wrote:  believes in hell. Wants me to go there. Raises jihad against people like me.

That is no Buddhist by ANY (and I do mean ANY) stretch of the imagination. Dead wrong on all counts. Hobo

You are certainly right Taqiyya Mockingbird. You are absolutely not a Buddhist if you are wishing bad things upon people. The Buddha would have been disgusted by such behavior.

Buddhism itself became a combined religion when people combined their native superstitious beliefs with the Buddha's teachings. It was never meant to be religious. His teachings were about conquering your own inner demons, and by that I don't mean evil spirits, I mean things like depression, anger, and fear of dying. Supernatural beliefs were added in by the cultures that adopted his teachings.
08-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Always good to hear from you, C4L. Thumbsup Wink

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
08-02-2014, 11:39 PM
(08-02-2014 11:33 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Always good to hear from you, C4L. Thumbsup Wink

The feeling is mutual, friend. Smile
09-02-2014, 12:15 AM
(08-02-2014 11:30 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  You are certainly right Taqiyya Mockingbird. You are absolutely not a Buddhist if you are wishing bad things upon people. The Buddha would have been disgusted by such behavior.

Not to be argumentative, but there are plenty of things Christians do that Christ would have disagreed with. "The philosophy itself" means very little when philosophies only exist in the human mind.

If the No True Scotsman argument isn't acceptable for Christianity, it is not acceptable for other religions and ideologies either.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
09-02-2014, 04:03 AM
(08-02-2014 09:49 PM)Drich Wrote:  Revelation tells us in the end times there will be one world religion. What you described is the blurring of the lines to make that possible.
I can guess which one you mean Angel
09-02-2014, 04:50 AM
Thanks to those of you on page one --- I was about to look up the word "combinated" LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
09-02-2014, 05:52 AM
I also met buddhist eastern orthodox who says that children should be murdered for disobeying and witches should be killed. She also sounds very loving. I wonder why people like to mix shit with buddhism. Maybe cause buddhists feel peace.
09-02-2014, 06:06 AM
(08-02-2014 09:49 PM)Drich Wrote:  Revelation tells us in the end times there will be one world religion. What you described is the blurring of the lines to make that possible.

There were hundreds of books of revelation. They don't "tell us" anything.
The one that got non-unanimously voted into the canon may "tell YOU" something.
That, however, is your problem, and you are only to be pitied for it.
(Congratulations. You actually managed to post something with no grammatical or spelling errors.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
09-02-2014, 06:10 AM
(09-02-2014 05:52 AM)donotwant Wrote:  I also met buddhist eastern orthodox who says that children should be murdered for disobeying and witches should be killed. She also sounds very loving. I wonder why people like to mix shit with buddhism. Maybe cause buddhists feel peace.

Killing witches is bad luck.

just sayin....

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.