Combinated religions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 11:52 PM
RE: Combinated religions
<something derogatory about yo mama>

Sorry. Every time someone with a Y chromosome has asked me something this week, it is to gauge my response so they can best decide exactly what is going to piss me off the worst.

I consider "response tag" to be when someone on the internet wants to argue with (or present a counter argument to, or something along those lines) something you've said, but first they ask a series of seemingly unrelated questions, spread out through several different posts, in the hopes of getting additional ammunition to use against you. If they were interested in just *addressing* the issue and having a normal/healthy discussion, they should have just gotten it all out of the way in one post instead of doing all that weird mind-gamey shit. It doesn't foster an actual debate--it's just one vaguely related question followed by a response to that one question--several times over, without any ground actually being covered until it climaxes and blows up. Like kids playing a game of tag, then one of the third graders pushes a first grader down and everyone has to stop playing while the first grader cries and tends to their skinned knee. It's particularly irritating because I have an ex who regularly did the real life version of this. ("Wait a minute, you asked me all those questions because you wanted to know if you could tell me that your best friend was cheating on his girlfriend without me getting mad? WHY THE ACTUAL FUCK DIDN'T YOU JUST *OPEN* WITH THAT?!?!")

I'm not saying that you are obligated to "present an argument." You made the statement that I seemed to not know anything about the Buddha, so it can be assumed that you were going to go somewhere with that. I don't understand why you would have even bothered to make the statement if you didn't have something specific to say about it. Tongue All I was saying is that the most positive philosophy of any religion doesn't make a difference if it's followers don't adhere to it...and they never do. The interpretations of a religion get skewed by politics and time. Just the way it is.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
10-02-2014, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 01:05 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(09-02-2014 11:52 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  <something derogatory about yo mama>

Sorry. Every time someone with a Y chromosome has asked me something this week, it is to gauge my response so they can best decide exactly what is going to piss me off the worst.

Okay, but my little secret is that I really don't "think like a man" Really.

Quote:I consider "response tag" to be when someone on the internet wants to argue with (or present a counter argument to, or something along those lines) something you've said, but first they ask a series of seemingly unrelated questions, spread out through several different posts, in the hopes of getting additional ammunition to use against you. If they were interested in just *addressing* the issue and having a normal/healthy discussion, they should have just gotten it all out of the way in one post instead of doing all that weird mind-gamey shit. It doesn't foster an actual debate--it's just one vaguely related question followed by a response to that one question--several times over, without any ground actually being covered until it climaxes and blows up. Like kids playing a game of tag, then one of the third graders pushes a first grader down and everyone has to stop playing while the first grader cries and tends to their skinned knee. It's particularly irritating because I have an ex who regularly did the real life version of this. ("Wait a minute, you asked me all those questions because you wanted to know if you could tell me that your best friend was cheating on his girlfriend without me getting mad? WHY THE ACTUAL FUCK DIDN'T YOU JUST *OPEN* WITH THAT?!?!")

Briefly, I see where you are coming from. Your argument is with ppl like D-reck, not me.

Quote:I'm not saying that you are obligated to "present an argument." You made the statement that I seemed to not know anything about the Buddha, so it can be assumed that you were going to go somewhere with that. I don't understand why you would have even bothered to make the statement if you didn't have something specific to say about it. Tongue All I was saying is that the most positive philosophy of any religion doesn't make a difference if it's followers don't adhere to it...and they never do. The interpretations of a religion get skewed by politics and time. Just the way it is.

I do understand what you are saying. I wasn't trying to set you up.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
10-02-2014, 08:29 AM
I have a friend who was Wiccan when I met her and eventually started to dabble in Christianity. I don't know if she ever fully converted or not, but during that time, she still seemed to hold onto a lot of her Wiccan beliefs. I haven't discussed the issue with her in some time.