Comedian on evolution
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
07-11-2011, 04:08 PM
RE: Comedian on evolution
lol Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
RE: Comedian on evolution
(07-11-2011 03:51 PM)KnuckleTurtle Wrote:  
(05-11-2011 07:34 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(05-11-2011 06:51 PM)Eye Sage Wrote:  Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Well you can forget it because there are no conspiracy theories...

If no conspiracy theories exist, then how can it sound like one?

How does a non-existing thing sound?

Huh

Like the Bible audiobook.
More than one evolutionist comedian in this house. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-11-2011, 03:47 AM
RE: Comedian on evolution
(04-11-2011 05:47 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Comedians say it best . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9uIMR8yC...grec_index

That was comedy? He sounds so serious....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2011, 06:16 PM
RE: Comedian on evolution
(14-11-2011 03:47 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 05:47 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Comedians say it best . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9uIMR8yC...grec_index

That was comedy? He sounds so serious....

Yeah if you like this you'll love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U

Same guy.

Please read my Blog
"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence"
- David Hume
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BCollingwood's post
21-11-2011, 07:49 AM
RE: Comedian on evolution
(17-11-2011 06:16 PM)BCollingwood Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 03:47 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 05:47 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Comedians say it best . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9uIMR8yC...grec_index

That was comedy? He sounds so serious....

Yeah if you like this you'll love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U

Same guy.

That one was a lot better, though I disagree about the pharmaceuticals.
That industry is highly overrated.

I remember hearing somewhere that 97% of the drugs sent to the FDA for approval are proven to be no more effective than a placebo. That only leaves 3% that MIGHT actually do some good, and if you consider a margin of error then that means a portion of that 3% is also actually worthless. And when you consider the ones that pass, but are later found to do more harm then good, then you are left with next to nothing of real value.

You don't get to live twice as long because of medical advances. Roman senators were living to be in there 70's 2000 years ago. The average life expectancy has doubled almost exclusively due to standards of living, and only a handful of breakthroughs in medical science has had any impact at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2011, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 09:42 AM by TheBeardedDude.)
RE: Comedian on evolution
(21-11-2011 07:49 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(17-11-2011 06:16 PM)BCollingwood Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 03:47 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 05:47 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Comedians say it best . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9uIMR8yC...grec_index

That was comedy? He sounds so serious....

Yeah if you like this you'll love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U

Same guy.

That one was a lot better, though I disagree about the pharmaceuticals.
That industry is highly overrated.

I remember hearing somewhere that 97% of the drugs sent to the FDA for approval are proven to be no more effective than a placebo. That only leaves 3% that MIGHT actually do some good, and if you consider a margin of error then that means a portion of that 3% is also actually worthless. And when you consider the ones that pass, but are later found to do more harm then good, then you are left with next to nothing of real value.

You don't get to live twice as long because of medical advances. Roman senators were living to be in there 70's 2000 years ago. The average life expectancy has doubled almost exclusively due to standards of living, and only a handful of breakthroughs in medical science has had any impact at all.

Keep in mind that most of the drugs that are likely being sent to the FDA currently are probably a lot of drugs for depression and other mental disorders as opposed to physical ailments.

I think a lot of what Tim Minchin is referring to are vaccines, antibiotics and treatments for other serious diseases like chemo, radiation, etc. Roman senators may have lived to ~70 but the average citizen typically did not. The average person today is living longer and that has to do with (as you said) standards of living as well as nutrition but is also due in large part to vaccines and antibiotics.
AND I love the STORM movie. Wasn't there a thread on here about that one?

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-11-2011, 11:16 AM
RE: Comedian on evolution
Tony the Fish... one of my favorites.




Smile Best out there today.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-11-2011, 11:30 AM
RE: Comedian on evolution
"Fuck! These will come in handy!"
-Tony the Fish (416,000,000 BC)

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2011, 12:37 AM
RE: Comedian on evolution
(05-11-2011 07:34 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  If no conspiracy theories exist, then how can it sound like one?

How does a non-existing thing sound?

Huh

It's a "one hand clapping" kinda deal. Meditate on it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 11:29 PM
RE: Comedian on evolution
Tim Minchin is absolutely wonderful. He is the person who inspired me to think for a change and the reason I am now signed up on this forum. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sweetissimo's post
Post Reply
Forum Jump: