Comedians

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-08-2010, 01:12 PM

Smile Comedians
Okay, a few days ago I was sent a link by my dad about this comedian who died some years ago called George Carlin. I watched a few of his sketches and he is absolutly hillarious.

Most of them are about religion and he states his opinions pretty amazingly and I thought you might want to take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_s73rBBJcc

I'm really irritated though because in one of his sketches, I could hear some booing in the background by some, probably, religious people. >Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2010, 01:52 PM

RE: Comedians
Carlin is GOD! Listening to him is pretty much 100% right on, though in his later years, he kinda start with conspiracy theories that can be held against him.
18-08-2010, 03:25 PM
If we're all wrong, and there really is a god, George is up there with him and they're both laughing their asses off right now. George Carlin was the ultimate comedian.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2010, 08:57 PM
lol! Wow, that was good! xD I had never heard of him before! Thanks for sharing!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2010, 09:10 PM

His best skit was being able to condense the ten commandments into two:

- Don't kill
- Always be honest and faithful to yourself/friends/spouse/etc. IIRC

- Always keep your own religion to yourself (at the end of the skit Big Grin).
18-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:Okay, a few days ago I was sent a link by my dad about this comedian who died some years ago called George Carlin

You JUST heard of George Carlin? Really? It's official: I'm really old.

His best bits were from the 70s, including the "7 words you can't say on television". He also was the first ever guest on Saturday Night Live (with musical guest Andy Kaufman).

Btw, while he ravaged the church repeatedly in his comedy, in interviews he generally spoke very highly of his Catholic school experiences and the Nuns who taught him.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Love Carlin, he was a smart man and that's why his comedy really shines through the dreck of most of today's comedians. He's probably down there, shouting up at us now Tongue

18-08-2010, 11:46 PM

I had seen your dad video clip that you had given really it is nice and comedian clip that they had made,I like this wonderful.
19-08-2010, 07:23 AM
George Carlin was the man! Yeah he really got cranky towards the end of his life (as if he wasn't before) and did start getting into some of the conspiracy type stuff, but hey, that's only proof that we should examine everything that anyone says critically, even those we generally like or agree with.

The really funny part about his rants against religion - one of his film roles was in Kevin Smith's Dogma as a Catholic Cardinal. Hilarious.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
19-08-2010, 08:50 AM

"I was a Catholic, until I reached the Age of Reason"

Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm-Mi1_lLo0&NR=1

Swearing on the Bible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvF1Q3UidWM

Abortion