Comedy Sketch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Comedy Sketch
Any film students here up for a challenge?

I'd love to see a comedy sketch of various gods in an unemployment office parody.

The gods are talking to each other asking what they used to do before they were made redundant. They would say how once pulling the sun across the sky required manual labour and now it's all automated. Others will reminisce about their old job causing illnesses to small tribes while another god is sad at how he is no longer required to calm the raging seas for a small sacrificial fee.

Instead of seeking jobs they are seeking unexplained phenomenon to try and fill the vacancy. And debating wether it's a long term career opportunity or while science soon force them out of a job.

One of the gods then calls Yahweh to see how he's holding up but he's got a little temp job tinkering with DNA to bridge the micro/Macro evolution gap and in his spare time he does a bit of voluntary work telling a few people to hate gays.

Any film makers want to take this on? Lol i'd love to see it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like TheStraightener's post
03-02-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Comedy Sketch
(03-02-2014 02:09 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Any film students here up for a challenge?

I'd love to see a comedy sketch of various gods in an unemployment office parody.

The gods are talking to each other asking what they used to do before they were made redundant. They would say how once pulling the sun across the sky required manual labour and now it's all automated. Others will reminisce about their old job causing illnesses to small tribes while another god is sad at how he is no longer required to calm the raging seas for a small sacrificial fee.

Instead of seeking jobs they are seeking unexplained phenomenon to try and fill the vacancy. And debating wether it's a long term career opportunity or while science soon force them out of a job.

One of the gods then calls Yahweh to see how he's holding up but he's got a little temp job tinkering with DNA to bridge the micro/Macro evolution gap and in his spare time he does a bit of voluntary work telling a few people to hate gays.

Keep going with it..... Write up the screen play. Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-02-2014, 02:31 PM
My atheist brother has a bachelor's degree in film direction and I'm sure he'd love the idea. However, he is now in Boston looking for a job and he has absolutely no money.

WitchSabrina is right, you can try and develop it a bit.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
03-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Submit it to Mr Deity.

Sounds perfect for that team.

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-02-2014, 02:48 PM
(03-02-2014 02:09 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Any film students here up for a challenge?

I'm not a student or a film maker as such but I do like to dabble in film(among some other things). I'd like to attempt this if it's ok.
03-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Please do my friend!
03-02-2014, 02:53 PM
(03-02-2014 02:51 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Please do my friend!

Which friend? Is she cute?

Drooling

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-02-2014, 02:58 PM
All of them lol
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
03-02-2014, 03:08 PM
(03-02-2014 02:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 02:51 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Please do my friend!

Which friend? Is she cute?

Drooling

grammar..........so helpful. Commas are just precious.

Heart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
03-02-2014, 03:59 PM
(03-02-2014 03:08 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 02:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Which friend? Is she cute?

Drooling

grammar..........so helpful. Commas are just precious.

Heart

Took me a second, but........ ROTFLMFAO