Comet Landing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Comet Landing
If you happen to be awake at 4 AM ET you can watch the Rosetta Probe landing live!

http://oak.ctx.ly/r/1hqwl
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like pablo's post
06-08-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: Comet Landing
(06-08-2014 12:17 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  If you happen to be awake at 4 AM ET you can watch the Rosetta Probe landing live!

They should name the comet it lands on the "Rosetta Stone". Big Grin Ba Dum Tsss

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
06-08-2014, 01:48 AM
Re: Comet Landing
Yeah, I interpreted that the opposite way. Lets find some heavy metal in space!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Very cool photos on its approach:

[Image: comet-67p-close-up.jpg?1407334771]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
07-08-2014, 07:32 AM
They found a face on the comet, gotta have some pareidolia on every space mission:

[Image: face-on-comet-67p.jpg?1407346674]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
07-08-2014, 07:50 AM
(06-08-2014 12:17 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  If you happen to be awake at 4 AM ET you can watch the Rosetta Probe landing live!

That was actually Rosetta arriving at the comet and starting its orbit.
The probe landing won't be until November.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/06/world/rose...?hpt=hp_t2
[+] 1 user Likes Zippo's post
07-08-2014, 11:07 AM
(07-08-2014 07:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  They found a face on the comet, gotta have some pareidolia on every space mission:

[Image: face-on-comet-67p.jpg?1407346674]

It's the Elephant Man!

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
07-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Looks like pope Benedict
08-08-2014, 06:04 AM
That face? Obviously it's another victim of a government coverup where somebody found some dastardly plans by Obama's daughter so she turned him into a giant rock and sent him into space.

I got my eye on you, Obama family >: (

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
08-08-2014, 09:28 AM
(07-08-2014 07:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  They found a face on the comet, gotta have some pareidolia on every space mission:
Just one? I see others. At the opposite end there's one with a very pointy nose, for example. There's one right below the face they found too. There's one looking left on the section dangling by itself at the bottom. There's one facing us on the left side of the same section where they found the one face (that one even has hair).

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.