Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2017, 06:29 AM
RE: Comey fired
(15-05-2017 09:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 07:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  Are you really that ignorant? Or do you not like to live in a democracy?

Why would I care about Comey who said that Clinton broke laws and then he said that she was too stupid to understand this.
He probably as crooked as Clinton herself. (this is my humble opinion

Yeah, Comey cost her the election. That helped Trump tons. Now Comey had to investigate Trump and he did it the same way - without being influenced by politics. So now Comey is getting too close to the truth about the Russians and Trump can't have that and fires him.

The truth has just become more elusive...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
16-05-2017, 03:41 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/po...ation.html

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Quote:President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

Quote:Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey that Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong, according to the memo.

Mr. Comey did not say anything to Mr. Trump about curtailing the investigation, only replying: “I agree he is a good guy.”

So, where are those tapes trump threatened Comey with?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
16-05-2017, 04:14 PM
(16-05-2017 03:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/po...ation.html

Quote:President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

Quote:Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey that Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong, according to the memo.

Mr. Comey did not say anything to Mr. Trump about curtailing the investigation, only replying: “I agree he is a good guy.”

This is what Mobutu Sese Seko, Idi Amin, Suharto etc would do. Not difference, both in form and substance. Contrary to perception, dictators don't rip hearts out and eat them. They break the laws behind the scenes. It always has the appearance of legality on the surface.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 6 users Like tomilay's post
16-05-2017, 04:40 PM
(16-05-2017 03:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/po...ation.html

My favorite quote from all of that article, if the GOP ever grows a spine and stops putting party before country and this all ends up with a Special Prosecutor, "Mr. Comey created similar memos — including some that are classified — about every phone call and meeting he had with the president, the two people said."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Shai Hulud's post
16-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Somewhere James Comey is sipping a scotch and watching the news with a quiet little smile.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
16-05-2017, 06:40 PM
CNN: Report: Trump told Comey to consider imprisoning reporters who publish leaks.

Quote:The White House did not respond Tuesday when asked to address the president's remark about imprisoning reporters. It did release a statement saying reports about Comey's memo did not offer "a truthful or accurate portrayal of the conversation between the President and Mr. Comey," and that the president "never asked Mr. Comey or anyone else to end any investigation, including any investigation involving General Flynn."

Since launching his bid for the presidency in June 2015, Trump has repeatedly railed against media organizations and specific reporters, accusing them of being dishonest or corrupt. On several occasions, he has suggested changing libel laws in order to make it easier to sue news organizations. As president, he has stressed the illegality of leaking classified information and suggested that those who do so should be punished.

But Trump's suggestion to the director of the FBI in the Oval Office would, if accurate, be the most direct effort by the president to try to influence punitive measures for members of the media who receive and publish those leaks.
In a statement following the Times' report, Bruce Brown, the executive director of the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, said, "The comments attributed to President Trump cross a dangerous line. ... Comments such as these, emerging in the way they did, only remind us that every day public servants are reaching out to reporters to ensure the public is aware of the risks today to rule of law in this country. The president's remarks should not intimidate the press but inspire it."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
16-05-2017, 06:52 PM
(16-05-2017 05:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Somewhere James Comey is sipping a scotch and watching the news with a quiet little smile.

I'm sure President Bannon is as well. He would love to stick it to the Israelis and now he has thrown them under the bus.

PPP (Petulant Puppet President) fell for it again.

What's really sad is that this screws our country and we're all just a little less safe because of it.

I wouldn't share information with that government. Maybe they'll work around the Whitehouse and leak things directly to others -- trusted senators, governors or directly to law enforcement.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

Quote:President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/po...comey.html

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
19-05-2017, 02:36 PM
(19-05-2017 01:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

Quote:President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/po...comey.html

Apparently a document exists , so it can be subpoenaed. It's a total admission.

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
19-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Please keep defending this asshat Alla.