Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: Comey fired
(19-05-2017 01:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

Quote:President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/po...comey.html

This is another example (in a long string of them) of Trump and his simplistic, magical thinking. He seems to think that he can just wave his hands at the House and Senate, say: "Repeal Obamacare and replace it with something cheaper, that has better coverage, and that everyone will love." And they will dutifully come up with this magical plan for his signature in, oh .. 3 or 4 days. A week tops.
And the crowds will cheer! BowingBowing
And he can tell the FBI Director to drop an investigation, and it will be dropped. Or maybe arrest those reporters asking inconvenient questions, and the questions will go away. And if the Director is too dense to get his drift, then he can fire the Director, and .. *poof* goes that nasty investigation.
And maybe the next Director will arrest those nasty reporters, and investigate all of those people who voted illegally, and find Barack Obama's real birth certificate while he is at it.
And Donald Trump will go down in history as The Great Negotiator, the bestest President EV --ER! Big League! Thumbsup

Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Rockblossom's post
19-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Trump is an elderly Fox news addicted low information idiot. He believes all the lies that Faux Noise has put out over the last 15-20 years how Obama was doing all this illegal shit but nobody could stop him and expected he could do the same.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-05-2017, 03:36 PM
(19-05-2017 03:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Trump is an elderly Fox news addicted low information idiot. He believes all the lies that Faux Noise has put out over the last 15-20 years how Obama was doing all this illegal shit but nobody could stop him and expected he could do the same.

Hey, I am elderly! Dodgy

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-05-2017, 03:43 PM
(19-05-2017 03:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-05-2017 03:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Trump is an elderly Fox news addicted low information idiot. He believes all the lies that Faux Noise has put out over the last 15-20 years how Obama was doing all this illegal shit but nobody could stop him and expected he could do the same.

Hey, I am elderly! Dodgy

yabut, you're (probably) not orange

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
19-05-2017, 03:50 PM
(19-05-2017 03:43 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-05-2017 03:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hey, I am elderly! Dodgy

yabut, you're (probably) not orange

No, but my shoulders are red today - sun burned. Cool

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-05-2017, 03:56 PM
(15-05-2017 07:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  Comey was fired
Who cares?

I care. I prefer my country to be run under the rule of law.

You're shitposting. Stop it.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Comey is going to testify in open session - I can't wait to see this!

[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
19-05-2017, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2017 07:26 PM by unfogged.)
First it was because of the way he handled the Clinton emails

Then it was just that he wasn't doing a good job

Now it's that he was interfering with the ability to deal with Russia
Quote:White House press secretary Sean Spicer did not refute the Times story but said it was Comey's "grandstanding and politicizing" of the Russia investigation that put pressure on the administration's ability to engage Moscow.

Not quite sure when Comey was grandstanding or politicizing the investigation... must have missed that...

It'll be interesting to see what the next excuse will be.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
20-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Yep -- generally speaking, when the rationale behind a decision changes multiple times, you can safely bet that the real rationale is the truth being shielded by a bodyguard of lies (with a nod to Churchill for that bon mot.)
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-05-2017, 12:13 AM
(19-05-2017 03:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He believes all the lies that Faux Noise has put out over the last 15-20 years how Obama was doing all this illegal shit but nobody could stop him and expected he could do the same.

I think this is actually a bit of an insight as to why he's behaving the way he is - he thinks he's perfectly entitled to, after all as far as he's concerned the black guy did it. The question is, when someone like Trump *is* actually doing this dictator crap, *can* anyone stop him?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.