Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2017, 07:02 AM
RE: Comey fired
(07-06-2017 06:55 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 06:51 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  A pro-Trump PAC has a campaign style attack ad they're buying airtime for during Comey's testimony tomorrow, claiming he's a showboating liar who shouldn't be trusted.

More fake news from the masters: Trump, his supporters and their Russian overlords.

Yup... Sad The YouTube comments are surprisingly good though, pointing out how, for instance, this appeals to the baseline ignorant who only get their news from groups like this, because they don't trust actual news. Sort of like a certain President who gave InfoWars a Press pass for the White House...

(07-06-2017 06:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump says he may be live tweeting during the testimony. I hope he does.

I can only imagine, "Mr. Comey, the President just said X on Twitter, how would you characterize his assessment?" "The President makes many statements on Twitter which appear to lack factual accuracy."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
07-06-2017, 07:14 AM
Fired FBI director Comey 'asked not to be left alone with Trump'

From the article:
Quote:Fired FBI director James Comey told Attorney General Jeff Sessions that he did not want to be left alone with the president, US media report...

Separately, Mr Sessions himself has offered to resign, reports said... Mr Trump has refused the resignation offer, they reported.

Notice how the BBC isn't calling Trump "The President", just "Mr Trump"?

More from the article:
Quote:In another report likely to raise tensions at the White House, the Washington Post says Mr Trump had asked Dan Coats, his director of National Intelligence, to try to persuade the FBI to back off their investigation into Mr Flynn.

Mr Coats himself will give evidence to the Committee hearing later today.

If it's true that "Mr" Trump asked the FBI to halt the investigation of Mr Flynn, that could very well lead to a charge of Obstruction of Justice.

I sense a fat lady somewhere is warming up her vocal chords...
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
07-06-2017, 01:17 PM
The Washington Post has published the written, prepared testimony that James Comey will present tomorrow morning. This is going to be .. interesting.

I admit that this part made me laugh, considering how the Prez always denies, denies, denies, and deflects, even when no one was actually accusing him of something. Big Grin
Quote:On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia.

Great read!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...7d9f4c9b4b
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
07-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Quote:The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, “He is a good guy and has been through a lot.” He repeated that Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Smoking gun, me thinks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
07-06-2017, 01:32 PM
(07-06-2017 01:17 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  The Washington Post has published the written, prepared testimony that James Comey will present tomorrow morning. This is going to be .. interesting.

I admit that this part made me laugh, considering how the Prez always denies, denies, denies, and deflects, even when no one was actually accusing him of something. Big Grin
Quote:On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia.

Great read!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...7d9f4c9b4b

That entire prepared statement is essentially, "Let me in broad strokes tell you how the President has committed obstruction of justice". If that's the opening salvo, what comes tomorrow after it should be very interesting.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
07-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Good God. After reading that there are 2 things I now know with certainty, 1) that fucker had hookers piss on him, and 2) Putin's got video.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-06-2017, 02:00 PM
(07-06-2017 01:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Good God. After reading that there are 2 things I now know with certainty, 1) that fucker had hookers piss on him, and 2) Putin's got video.

Doesn't matter who he fucked, who he pissed on, who pissed on him and who has the video.

What matters is that Trump intentionally, and with malice, tried to obstruct justice. It's as clear as day.

1727. Protection Of Government Processes -- Omnibus Clause -- 18 U.S.C. 1505

Quote:... a defendant may be found guilty under section 1505 if the government establishes that: (1) there was a proceeding pending before a department or agency of the United States; (2) the defendant knew of or had a reasonably founded belief that the proceeding was pending; and (3) the defendant corruptly endeavored to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which the proceeding was pending.

Fat lady's warming up...
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
07-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Tomorrow will be really interesting.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-06-2017, 02:03 PM
(07-06-2017 02:00 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 01:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Good God. After reading that there are 2 things I now know with certainty, 1) that fucker had hookers piss on him, and 2) Putin's got video.

Doesn't matter who he fucked, who he pissed on, who pissed on him and who has the video.

What matters is that Trump intentionally, and with malice, tried to obstruct justice. It's as clear as day.

1727. Protection Of Government Processes -- Omnibus Clause -- 18 U.S.C. 1505

Quote:... a defendant may be found guilty under section 1505 if the government establishes that: (1) there was a proceeding pending before a department or agency of the United States; (2) the defendant knew of or had a reasonably founded belief that the proceeding was pending; and (3) the defendant corruptly endeavored to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which the proceeding was pending.

Fat lady's warming up...

Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro
07-06-2017, 02:12 PM
I hope it's the fat lady warming up, but I'll believe it when I see it.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post