Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: Comey fired
(08-06-2017 01:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump's defense is no different than any friend would make to a cop. Can't you just let him go? He's a good guy. I hope this goes away. He didn't say "You will drop the case." He HOPES for a good outcome for his friend. No jury would convict on that one statement. What Trump hopes for is in no way an order.
This is a poor analogy and betrays the author's intentionally deceitful ways.

A better analogy would be having the Chief of police telling one of the department heads in a private meeting that he hoped for the investigation of his secretary to be dropped.

This is an obvious attempt at obstruction of justice and ought to result in the Chief of police being stood down and perhaps charged of criminal intent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
08-06-2017, 03:24 PM
(08-06-2017 01:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I agree with that. But I don't think Trump truly understands that. Or if he did, he didn't realize it was wrong.
Then Trump is an idiot and unfit for President.
[+] 7 users Like Stevil's post
08-06-2017, 03:35 PM
(08-06-2017 03:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 01:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I agree with that. But I don't think Trump truly understands that. Or if he did, he didn't realize it was wrong.
Then Trump is an idiot and unfit for President.

Well, that's a given and has never really been in doubt.
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
08-06-2017, 03:43 PM
I'd make a joke about McCain finding this morning to be "disturbing", but right now I'm seriously worried for him and his health. He seemed to ramble, be unable to speak in full sentences at points, and confused Comey and Trump with things like "President Comey". McCain is an intelligent man, he's well spoken, and despite how one views his politics, he's always impeccably prepared.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
08-06-2017, 03:45 PM
I thought he was showing signs of someone who's had a minor stroke.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
08-06-2017, 03:48 PM
(08-06-2017 03:43 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'd make a joke about McCain finding this morning to be "disturbing", but right now I'm seriously worried for him and his health. He seemed to ramble, be unable to speak in full sentences at points, and confused Comey and Trump with things like "President Comey". McCain is an intelligent man, he's well spoken, and despite how one views his politics, he's always impeccably prepared.

AboutToBeBootHillGrampa - “maybe going forward I shouldn’t stay up late watching the Diamondbacks night games.” Which according to #pizzagate is code for getting peed on by hookers.

The rest of the statement reads:

"What I was trying to get at was whether Mr. Comey believes that any of his interactions with the President rise to the level of obstruction of justice. In the case of Secretary Clinton’s emails, Mr. Comey was willing to step beyond his role as an investigator and state his belief about what ‘no reasonable prosecutor’ would conclude about the evidence. I wanted Mr. Comey to apply the same approach to the key question surrounding his interactions with President Trump — whether or not the President’s conduct constitutes obstruction of justice. While I missed an opportunity in today’s hearing, I still believe this question is important, and I intend to submit it in writing to Mr. Comey for the record."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-06-2017, 04:03 PM
When Comey was asked about Sessions' involvement, he said he could only talk about it in closed session.........Consider

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-06-2017, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 05:34 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-06-2017 01:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump's defense is no different than any friend would make to a cop.

Ah yes, looks who's back, and here you are, still defending that lying sack of shit, and his totally corrupt and incompetent administration.

Taken TOGETHER with everything else, it could be obstruction. Trump is the PRESIDENT, not (just) a friend. There is a HUGE difference there. He FIRED Comey. You ignore what is inconvenient.
I certainly hope you have no power or judgement over actual human beings, as you are seriously delusional and fail to see what you chose to ignore.

He is without a doubt, THE worst excuse for a president in US history.
Still think the Repubicunts are in for a (however long you said) run here ? They can't even pass the repeal of the ACA. Wasn't it due on "day 1" ?
LMAO.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-06-2017, 04:34 PM
OH, ho, ho!! I love the 'trump didn't understand it was wrong, he made a simple mistake' argument coming from the republicans.

Seriously just fuck RIGHT off with that nonsense. Using 'made a mistake' as a reason for Hillary's emails wasn't acceptable to the conservatives, so don't even fucking TRY with that bullshit.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like ShadowProject's post
08-06-2017, 04:55 PM
(08-06-2017 04:34 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  OH, ho, ho!! I love the 'trump didn't understand it was wrong, he made a simple mistake' argument coming from the republicans.

Seriously just fuck RIGHT off with that nonsense. Using 'made a mistake' as a reason for Hillary's emails wasn't acceptable to the conservatives, so don't even fucking TRY with that bullshit.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. But he's going to skate out of it, you just watch. Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post