Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 08:15 PM
RE: Comey fired
So mistakes that cause irreparable damage to the country are fine as long as you're a rich, angry male republican and not a female democrat.

Got it.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2017, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 09:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-06-2017 07:32 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Comey's word against Trump's.

Unless there's tapes. If there are tapes they will come out. Comey didn't seem worried about it in the least. On the contrary, he wants them to come out if there are. And he, unlike Trump or his incompetent lawyer, is testifying under oath fully cognizant of the criminal penalties for perjury. If there aren't tapes then Trump's tweets about "tapes" make him at the very least, in the words of Harry Potter lady, "a tiny, tiny, tiny little man."

Either way, you're hilarious. The word of a man who lies indiscriminately about the most trifling shit with no regard to the fact that google is 2 seconds away or even giving a shit when he's caught in a lie against the head of the FBI. The word of a man who lied for years about Obama's birthplace. The word of a man who is so insecure he feels the need to lie about the size of his inauguration crowd (yet another lie I remember you vigorously defending). The word of a man who is so insecure he feels compelled to lie about the size of his electoral college victory. The word of a man who is so insecure he feels compelled to lie about voter fraud because he can't handle losing the popular vote. The word of a man who is so unstable he attacks one of our closest allies in the Middle East. The word of a man who lies to the face of coal workers saying he's gonna give them some of those black lung jobs when the head of the coal companies' association says those jobs have been lost to automation and ain't coming back. The word of a man so insecure he felt compelled to lie about Obama bugging Trump Tower. The word of a man so insecure ... I'm tired of typing. But you do entertain me.

#sigh
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-06-2017, 09:12 PM
This was only the first of many witnesses. It was known beforehand that it would be Comey's word against Trump's, he said - he said.

I'd like to try to keep all the testimonies in this thread. It would be nice to have some sort of record. It's history playing out at a super rapid pace.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-06-2017, 01:37 AM
(08-06-2017 08:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Except that never happened and maybe Trump should be looking for another lawyer. Apparently he's having troubles finding any competent ones willing to both risk their reputation and their wallets since apparently Trump doesn't pay his lawyers either. I guess he got what he could.

" 'Although Mr. Comey testified he only leaked the memos in response to a tweet, the public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from these memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey’s excuse for this unauthorized disclosure of privileged information and appears to entirely retaliatory. We will leave it the appropriate authorities to determine whether this leaks should be investigated along with all those others being investigated.'

Kasowitz is referring to this Times article about Trump’s alleged request for loyalty from Comey. It includes quotes from the conversation with Trump and Comey, but doesn’t refer to the memo. "

What are you gonna say when you see the pee tape, Grampa was just getting trained in how to use Depends for his incontinence? Your triple Salchow machinations at rationalizing away what is obvious to anyone with a brain are amusing.

Even an amateur gets that the time-line proposed by Dumpy's lawyer today is flat-out wrong. A baby could do better.

However that is good enough for most Republicans. They'll eat the shit of a Russian prostitute before they bring themselves to acknowledge the disaster that Trump is.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
09-06-2017, 10:27 AM
I think it's very telling that Trump, a very selfish man who, despite his claims of loyalty, is well known for never hesitating to throw others under the bus to save his skin, continued to insist that Comey drop the investigation into Flynn. Why? To our knowledge, he didn't try to save Manafort.

And then we hear that Flynn is/was actively seeking immunity? Pleading the fifth?

What does Flynn know?

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
09-06-2017, 10:29 AM
(09-06-2017 10:27 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  What does Flynn know?

That could wind up being the question the presidency might hinge on.

Good observation.
09-06-2017, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 10:35 AM by GirlyMan.)
(09-06-2017 10:27 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  I think it's very telling that Trump, a very selfish man who, despite his claims of loyalty, is well known for never hesitating to throw others under the bus to save his skin, continued to insist that Comey drop the investigation into Flynn. Why? To our knowledge, he didn't try to save Manafort.

And then we hear that Flynn is/was actively seeking immunity? Pleading the fifth?

What does Flynn know?

He was the one who got the hookers and had the idea that they should all pee on the bed where Obama slept. What surprises me is that Trump apparently still remembers it. The memantine must be working, that or it was one hell of a pee party.

#sigh
09-06-2017, 10:44 AM
(09-06-2017 10:31 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 10:27 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  I think it's very telling that Trump, a very selfish man who, despite his claims of loyalty, is well known for never hesitating to throw others under the bus to save his skin, continued to insist that Comey drop the investigation into Flynn. Why? To our knowledge, he didn't try to save Manafort.

What does Flynn know?

He was the one who got the hookers and had the idea that they should all pee on the bed where Obama slept.

That could be it, but that's small potatoes. Not really a reason to seek immunity, IMO
I think Flynn is the thread that could unravel it all.

Oh to be a fly on the wall of the closed committee hearings ...

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
09-06-2017, 01:26 PM
@Lord Dark Helmet

The US federal government has indeed pull out of the Paris Climate accord, but States, cities and NGO have taken the leadership. That's perhapse the only ''success'' of the Trump administration so far.

The EPA budget wasn't ut by over 30% like it was promessed, but was cut of 3%. The travel ban isn't going anywhere and was defeated in court multiple times. The infamous wall is still unfunded as far as I am aware. the ALENA still stands. The Healthcare reform is also struggling and seems to be reactionnary in design.

Trump is indeed attempting to do a lot of things, but he is failing a lot to impose his policies. I would say fortunately since most of those policies are terrible.

PS: welcome back. It's been a while since I saw a ne post from you.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
09-06-2017, 03:31 PM
House panel demands Trump release Comey 'tapes'
Quote:A House panel led by Reps. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) and Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) sent a letter on Friday to White House counsel Don McGahn demanding the release of any "tapes" of conversations between Comey and Trump. The president first suggested the existence of such tapes after Comey revealed that he wrote memos of his private conversations with Trump leading up to his firing.

Conaway and Schiff are representing the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence's Russia investigation, and a separate bipartisan group of Senate Judiciary Committee members led by Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) also sent letters requesting the notes Comey wrote documenting the same meetings with Trump.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrati...omey-tapes
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post