Comey fired

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2017, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 08:56 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Comey fired
(09-06-2017 08:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bullshit.
Nice try. Fail again. They are PERFECTLY in context and you FAILED to explain how they were not. They are DIRECT QUOTES. Quotes are quotes, not "hyperbole". I never said he said they "told him to stop the investigation", I said he thought his FIRING was DONE to stop the investigation. HE IS FIRED. I know these details are too much for you to grasp. It was UNETHICAL to ask an FBI Director to say what he asked. IF YOU ACTUALLY ever HAD worked in law enforcement, you would get that. You're a total fraud.

Wrong. Read the testimony. He was specifically asked if firing the FBI director would stop an investigation and he said no. The show will go on. And nowhere did comey say he believed his firing was to STOP the investigation. He said CHANGE. Right there in your quotes. The news article at the LA Times wrongly interpreted the word CHANGE as STOP or IMPEDE.

And Comey's "belief" is irrelevant. He can believe Trump fired him for whatever reason he wants. But the facts are Trump fired him because he sucks at his job.

There is no evidence he sucked at his job, (except for his Clinton error). The FBI professionals liked him a lot. Just more proof you are a fraud and never worked in law enforcement. He had a 40 year career, and no Republican complained about him.

Your OWN people put the lie to what you claim.
Sen. Susan Collins: (Republican) ‘Wrong’ For Trump to Imply to Comey That Investigation Should Be Stopped."

Trump asked Comey to "lift the cloud "
"I had understood the President to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December. I did not understand the President to be talking about the broader investigation into Russia or possible links to his campaign," the testimony says.

In a subsequent telephone call, on March 30, Comey says, Trump told him that the investigation of Russian involvement in the 2016 election was "'a cloud' that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country."

Trump said "he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia," Comey recalled.

"“He asked what we could do to ‘lift the cloud,’” Mr. Comey wrote after a March 30 phone call with Mr. Trump. “I responded that we were investigating the matter as quickly as we could, and that there would be great benefit, if we didn’t find anything, to our having done the work well. He agreed, but then re-emphasized the problems this was causing him.”

Anyone with 1/2 a brain, can put 2 and 2 together.

You're defending a traitor and a criminal.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2017, 10:05 PM
(09-06-2017 08:36 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm really hoping that the truth comes to ground. I don't expect you to mouth ay different bullshit than you do now, no matter what surfaces. It is incredible that you would say that Comey sucks at his job, given that he has served well under both R and D Presidents, and is admired by both sides.

I call troll, as I have before.

That's giving his intellect way too much credit.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-06-2017, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 03:51 AM by Deesse23.)
(09-06-2017 08:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
And Comey's "belief" is irrelevant. He can believe Trump fired him for whatever reason he wants. But the facts are Trump fired him because he sucks at his job.

My gut is telling me there's a third option... that he was fired because Trump thought that it would be the popular thing to do.

Don't forget that Trump will take the narcissistic path before the smart path.

Yes
Yep

Lets have alook at this from Trump (a narcissist) view:

I am awesome, so awesome that the american public (who loves me, no question) have elected me and made me the most powerful person in the world.
Now there is this guy, AND HE IS WORKING UNDER ME, and he is investigating stuff, this activity (no matter if there IS anything to investigate) could in the long run shed a bad light on me if he doesnt stop or if it takes too long. I cant tolerate PEOPLE WORKING FOR ME possibly damaging my reputation, especially since everybody loves me so much. This is silly, i am too important, i got too important things to do (build a wall, ruin america, etc.). I cant be bothered to deal with such marginal bullshit.

What do i do? What i usually do when i think people who work for me suck. I fire him, plain and simple.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
10-06-2017, 01:45 AM
Looks to me what happened is that Trump got caught out and he tried to get Comey to drop it because he thought he could influence Comey and get away with asking him to drop the investigation. Trump isn't a politician, hell he's not even a smart person, he overestimated his influence and ability and it's backfiring on his ass. I think he did what he thought politicians did but an actual politician would have known better and not put themselves in a situation like what Trump is finding himself in now.

Trump's an idiot. Unfortunately, that's what's saving his dumbass. That and the fact that everyone gets 1 vote no matter their IQ level and there's a shit ton of dumbfuck people in America that Trump directly appeals too because they can relate to his dumbfuckness. Finally, someone in the office as dumb as them, that's how they see it.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-06-2017, 04:21 AM
I think people are giving Trump way too much credit in terms of being sneaky, having some greater plan to follow, some further goal (besides his own grandiosity), etc.

Every move (prime minister of Montenegro *cough*), every facial expression (personally i find those particularly revealing), everything he says is a giveaway that he is a complete idiot. A simpleton. An ignorant buffoon, obsessed with one thing only: himself and his public image. An idiot however with lots of power and money (lended dor not), rich friends, family support (nepotism), possibly support of a foreign and a somewhat hostile power, and most of all: no conscience, at least not as long as his personal narcissist needs must be met.

As far as i understood his upbringing and career, he is used to this all his life. When you are born with lots of money, and being told that all you have to do is bully others around with your money and power, what do you expect to happen with this person /character.
He is runnig the USA like a company. He hasnt realized that there is a difference between owning a business and running a country. He doesnt know what it means having to answer to some superior (aka "the people"). I might even think he is honest when he says that he has done nothing wrong in the Comey case. He doesnt know better. He doesnt break the constitution because he has a greater politcal plan (like Hitler, thats why i dont really like those comparisons too much) or wants to modify the amercan society, his pals like Pence maybe have, he breaks it because he doesnt know better. He doenst know what it means to be social, he never needed to be. He is antisocial, his only goal seems to be his own name being in the news and being related to all kind of "awesome things". He may tell people that he cares and understands their needs, but that is only to get his narcissism fed. He doesnt understand or care. Thats why he makes one promise after the other without keeping them. Thats why he talks about finished plans, which turn out to not even exist.at.all. It is however the responsibility of the american people to have him voted into office. You are proud of your freedoms/liberties and your guns to defend yourself (rightfully so to some degree), but you couldnt defend yourself from such an (possibly mentally challenged) person and his *club*. Germany took the consequences after being led into two wars by people who werent fit for any public office in the first place. I think its time the american public is starting to think about some fundamental changes/improvements.

In the end this may even kind of *refurbish* or *upgrade* the USA to a level that it can cope better with the challenges of modern fundamentalist, extremist or populist or any other movements that is going to threaten freedom and peace.

What this guys really needs is some proper treatment.
What the USA needs is getting rid of this guy, so you guys can take care of the deeper underlying problems within your political landscape.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
10-06-2017, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 05:29 AM by BackSlider.)
(09-06-2017 08:00 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 03:31 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  House panel demands Trump release Comey 'tapes'

And when they find out the recordings were yet another lie -- ?

Well that may have been a well calculated lie.
Intended to coheres Comey into telling the truth. If you are concerned that meeting recordings exists, any statements that are libelous are too easy to prove, so you wouldn't dare.

Like Trump or not, I think that was clever if so.

(09-06-2017 08:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...

My gut is telling me there's a third option... that he was fired because Trump thought that it would be the popular thing to do.

Don't forget that Trump will take the narcissistic path before the smart path.

Yes

I see credibility in your third option.
It was Comey who didn't "go after" Hillary and Trump's base badly wants all the Clinton's B.S. investigated and prosecuted if concluded so.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
10-06-2017, 07:38 AM
(10-06-2017 04:21 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I think people are giving Trump way too much credit in terms of being sneaky, having some greater plan to follow, some further goal (besides his own grandiosity), etc.

^This. Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-06-2017, 10:00 AM
(10-06-2017 04:21 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  What the USA needs is getting rid of this guy, so you guys can take care of the deeper underlying problems within your political landscape.

Trump is a symptom of "the deeper underlying problems" in the USA, so dealing with the former is a way to address the latter. But it's a learning process, and that will take time.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
10-06-2017, 10:14 AM
“He’s a government official motivated by political self-interest who should have resigned if he believed what he now says he did. That he failed to act at the time suggests his motive now is more revenge than truth-telling.” - Wall Street Journal on Comey

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
10-06-2017, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 10:26 AM by Heath_Tierney.)
(10-06-2017 10:14 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  “He’s a government official motivated by political self-interest who should have resigned if he believed what he now says he did. That he failed to act at the time suggests his motive now is more revenge than truth-telling.” - Wall Street Journal on Comey
Isn't the WSJ part of the mainstream media and, as such, isn't to be trusted?

By the way, the very same WSJ wrote, on March 17, 2017, "Trump’s falsehoods are eroding public trust, at home and abroad."

In short, the WSJ - owned by Rupert Murdoch who also owns Fox - called Trump a liar.

Sadly, the entire story is behind a paywall but you can see the salient points here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-president...1490138920

There's a story on the article here: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/22/busin....html?_r=0

*edited to fix link*
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post